Sign in to follow this  
ErichZann

Not possible to use separate joystick and throttle?

Hi,

I just installed Flight Simulator, and I have a big problem:

I once had an X-52 HOTAS, and the joystick broke. I continue to use only the throttle, and pair it with a T1600M joystick. In every other game so far (including FSX) that is no problem. I want funktion A; I use this button on the X-52 throttle. I want funktion B, I use another button on the T1600M.

But in the new flight sim, I need to choose my input device on the top, and then in the menu below where you map your controls, you seem only to be able to assign buttons from that specific device? If I choose the T1600M, go to throttle and want to assign the X-52 throttle axis, it tells me something like "You are trying to assign a button from a device that is not selected". Yeah I know that, but what is the problem of using the throttle axis of that particular device instead of the T1600M?

I am really hoping that I am missing something, otherwise it feels really weird that this should not be possible. Do I need to buy another HOTAS although owning a joystick and a throttle?

Thanks for your advice...

Does anyone have an idea, or can tell me if this is normal? Really frustrating not being able to play, because I somehow can't use my controllers 😕

Just assign the throttle axis to the x52 with the x52 selected. Go fly, both the x52 and the T1600 will be used. Just because you selected the T1600 doesn't mean THAT one is the only one used. If your device is connected, it will be used to whatever mappings you set for it. Just don't set the same mapping to two different devices - they will conflict.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You can use both devices, but the controller setup is per device.  Set up all mappings on the stick, and then select the throttle and set the mappings for the throttle.

To make your life easy, there are a cpl things you also need to keep in mind, 1) set up a profile for every plane, 2) when you assign a function like throttle or flaps for ex. do a search on the flaps and clear any assignments, do the same for the button your assigning. You do not want to have the function assigned to several buttons on different devices.

For ex. let's say I want to assign Brakes, I goto the yoke search for brakes - clear, goto joystick search for brakes - clear. (do this for all devices except the only one I leave is the keyboard.) Once you know that no device has the Brakes assigned, then select the device you want to assign the brakes like the yoke and select brakes and select the button.

If you want the brakes to be on the same button for every plane then leave it in the default profile, if not remove it from the default profile and set it for every plane profile you create. It's a pain but once it's set it's set. When you start a flight just remember to always select the proper profile for that plane. Then life is easy 🙂

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Help..Extreme 3d Pro Throttle configuration. I assign the throttle to the Slider. Check sensitivity and all that. But when I start applying power it powers up to full when my slider is only 1/2 way up and if I continue the power decreases back down and almost starts going back up again when I have the switch all the way up. How do I make the slider go from low to high without over compensating? I hope this is clear.

I checked the PROPERTIES on the windows app and it is synced properly....goes from low to high like it should.

I have Trustmaster wartog stick and throtlle TM rudder 3 bondar , total 6 devices work perfectly

You definitely can, but the joystick mapping interface can be confusing at first.  You have to click on the device along the top, then assign that axis to what you want (basically find what you want, click in there and move the axis).  For throttle, you'll want to find throttle axis.  Again you have to click on the exact device you want, then move it, otherwise it won't recognize it (which isn't obvious at first)  You also have to unassign anything you don't want, like for example it might think the throttle is on your T1600.  Use the "assigned" filter and click on each joystick and it should show you what it is using.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Thank you very much everyone! Works fine now. I think it is a strange menu, for me it looked like I needed to select one controller, and then set all the controls on this one. But now, after removing the double entries from the two controllers and only assigning each action once, everything looks fine. Time to fly 😉

• Like 1

If i create a controller profile with P3D and save the xml file, can I load that into MSFS?  I see nothing on saving or loading a configurations file.

thanks,

10 hours ago, FPStewy said:

To make your life easy, there are a cpl things you also need to keep in mind, 1) set up a profile for every plane, 2) when you assign a function like throttle or flaps for ex. do a search on the flaps and clear any assignments, do the same for the button your assigning. You do not want to have the function assigned to several buttons on different devices.

For ex. let's say I want to assign Brakes, I goto the yoke search for brakes - clear, goto joystick search for brakes - clear. (do this for all devices except the only one I leave is the keyboard.) Once you know that no device has the Brakes assigned, then select the device you want to assign the brakes like the yoke and select brakes and select the button.

If you want the brakes to be on the same button for every plane then leave it in the default profile, if not remove it from the default profile and set it for every plane profile you create. It's a pain but once it's set it's set. When you start a flight just remember to always select the proper profile for that plane. Then life is easy 🙂

I have been travelling and not had a chance to purchase the sim but in the alpha/beta there was no way to assign joystick settings profiles to aircraft. We gave this feedback. Is it implemented?

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

11 hours ago, ShezA said:

I have been travelling and not had a chance to purchase the sim but in the alpha/beta there was no way to assign joystick settings profiles to aircraft. We gave this feedback. Is it implemented?

If I understand you correctly, there's no Aircraft profile but there is a Device profile. Let's say I fly the 152 then I select the C152 Profile that I have created for my yoke and throttle. I have to create device profiles for each plane. Aircraft profile would definitely be nice though, now I have to change the device profiles everytime depending on the plane. 

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

If I understand you correctly, there's no Aircraft profile but there is a Device profile. Let's say I fly the 152 then I select the C152 Profile that I have created for my yoke and throttle. I have to create device profiles for each plane. Aircraft profile would definitely be nice though, now I have to change the device profiles everytime depending on the plane. 

So you have confirmed it. When I fly the A320 I use my Hotas sidestick profile. When I then decide to fly the 748 I have to change to my Saitek Yoke profile.

Of course, P3D also did not have this capability and we only got this through FSUIPC which has aircraft specific assignments, which I suspect is what we will do here too. Oh well...

Edited by ShezA

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

7 hours ago, ShezA said:

So you have confirmed it. When I fly the A320 I use my Hotas sidestick profile. When I then decide to fly the 748 I have to change to my Saitek Yoke profile.

Of course, P3D also did not have this capability and we only got this through FSUIPC which has aircraft specific assignments, which I suspect is what we will do here too. Oh well...

yea, except that with Chaseplane it was all automatic. I have and am spending loads of time with the settings, I'm just like that but I can say that you can configure multiple setting, multiple view on multiple devices for each and every plane. It's a monumental endeavor but it's possible.