Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

LOC , ILS Course and frequencies

I have been doing, and enjoying my Visual approachers a lot but I am a bit surprised at the fact that whenever Insert  SID. or STARs the AP just follows a DCT, skipping all fixes. Is the AIRAC inplmented in the G1000s or is just for visual help?Apart from that, where do you guys get the info for the LOC course, and frequency for the active runway, ATC doesnt give any ofc, there are no carts available and the moving map is just a VFR joke.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Um, not 100% sure, will check, thank you. Regarding ISL frequencies and Courses, where do you get the info from? Or does the APP automatically engage the ILS with GPS active?

Iñigo Bildarratz

Yes, the VFR map lacks much usefulness and there isn't a feature like the map in P3D that let's you see frequencies, weather, etc.

However, the avionics in most of the aircraft have the navigation information in them.  On the G1000 you can use the big knob to rotate, I think, to WPT info - and then enter in the airport code and you can get frequencies and other details. On the TBM, it is accessed from the control units under the MFD, and you're even offered the opportunity to directly tune the frequency from that screen. Course is autotuned for ILS in all of these glass cockpits. As of now, the avionics won't autotune the ILS frequency, even though that is an option in the real world. They also don't swap from GPS to VLOC automatically, which is also an option in the real world, so as you join the final approach course, you need to change your CDI to LOC1 or LOC2 depending on where you've tuned the ILS. 

SyPJVSK.jpg

PufOTPj.jpg

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

10 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Um, not 100% sure, will check, thank you. Regarding ISL frequencies and Courses, where do you get the info from? Or does the APP automatically engage the ILS with GPS active?

When you engage ILS / APP mode on the autopilot, you need to set the CDI selector back to nav. You can find ILS frequencies etc. on approach plate charts on websites like http://skyvector.com. Type the ICAO into the box, click the I button, and then scroll down.

Edit: I see that you mean in-game. Screenshots in above post are helpful.

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 1

Do we get the captured glide scope beep in MSFS 2020 ?  thanks 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

7 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Do we get the captured glide scope beep in MSFS 2020 ?  thanks 

I got an outer marker beep. Not sure about captured glide slope. Didn’t think there was a noise for that.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Hope its helpful for others too. Still struggling to make the G1000 AP follow SIDs, will test it again. There is something i cant seem to understand there yet.

Iñigo Bildarratz

3 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

I got an outer marker beep. Not sure about captured glide slope. Didn’t think there was a noise for that.

Thanks well thats not good news

Rich Sennett

Just now, Richard Sennett said:

Thanks well thats not good news

Don’t take it as bad news.. I actually think the approach I was flying was a localizer approach so there’s no glide slope to intercept anyway. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

I haven’t had any issues with AP and SIDs/STARs. Did you ensure that your CDI is set to GPS and not NAV?

How do you switch to GPS mode? I cant seems to find this CDI Switch. Where is it in the kingair?

1 hour ago, Shrek1970 said:

How do you switch to GPS mode? I cant seems to find this CDI Switch. Where is it in the kingair?

Don’t know about the King Air, but look for a PFD button, push it, then click CDI.