Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

Windows 2004 upgrade

Just in case anyone is interested!

I have now completed over 30 attampts at upgading to 2004. I have tried every method suggested here and elsewhere and the end result is the same. Version 1909 remains.

MS helpdesk (apparently in India) is useless.

Seems as if I will have to wait for the next feature update and see what happens. (All "normal" updates install perfectly).

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

That has also failed previously.

Just tried the latest feature update this morning. Goes through the whole procedure, reboots but Winver is still 1909.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Both of my work PCs updated to 20H2 this morning, one through the update and the other requiring the assistant. If the assistant isn't doing it for you, you may have no choice but doing a win10 install with the downloadable ISO.

James

Sorry but that I tried again this morning and still the same result.....1909.

It's not picking up 20H2? That update seems to have went better for many people than 2004 did.

One of the computers up front that was stuck on 1903 even went to 20H2 without issues.

Edited by Phantoms

James

12 hours ago, Phantoms said:

It's not picking up 20H2? That update seems to have went better for many people than 2004 did.

One of the computers up front that was stuck on 1903 even went to 20H2 without issues.

It goes through the whole process, even telling me that everything is OK beforehand. It completes, reboots and then tells me it could not complete and gives the generic error 0xc0000005.