Sign in to follow this  
Bilbosmeggins

Control sensitivity

First things first, I have to say that I love this sim. To be this good coming out of the gate is mind blowing.  And I am pretty sure that this title will toll the death knoll for much of the competition. Although I don’t think that, in itself, is much cause for celebration.  But the gulf between the vanilla versions is now huge.

With that out of the way, I have to say that my biggest area of concern is the crazily sensitive control inputs.  I have dulled mine down in the options, and put curves on pretty much everything. But I have a Warthog Hotas, and the stick has a 75mm extension, so should already be less twitchy. I have watched several YouTube videos, posted by seasoned simmers who are far better pilots than me. And each and every one of them has meandered down the runway like a clown on a unicycle. Which, on one hand is reassuring, as it ain’t just me. On the other hand, it means that the problem needs proper intervention, not just a tweaking session at my end. Even the slightest touch of the trim wheel has my plane popping up like a fart bubble in a bathtub. 

From reading another thread, it seems that sensitivity has been brought up in front of the developers before now, and the problem dismissed. Is this really so? I, personally, would love to have it patched ASAP.  Think it will be?

• Like 3

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

I hope that with all the concerns raised that is is revisited by the developers. These curves just mask the problem.

I have a Warthog as well (no extension). With one of the alpha releases I had absolute perfection especially around the pitch axis. So it can be done.

Out of curiosity have you modified the internal springs in your Warthog or are they standard?

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Yeah, the pitch sensitivity is a little much right now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

5 minutes ago, michaelray said:

I hope that with all the concerns raised that is is revisited by the developers. These curves just mask the problem.

I have a Warthog as well (no extension). With one of the alpha releases I had absolute perfection especially around the pitch axis. So it can be done.

Out of curiosity have you modified the internal springs in your Warthog or are they standard?

No, springs are as standard. I like the feel and precision it gives me in DCS and IL2, so am confident that it suits my needs. Just not so much in MSFS.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

Yes I cut down my spring to reduce input force required. Has its pluses and minuses.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

I had to set my control sensitivities back -40 percent on my elevator and aileron axis to even approach the sense of stability while flying that I had in Prepar3d. It is a huge improvement after the adjustment but I believe most first time simmers and some experienced simmers won’t know to do this. A friend of mine is brand new and was having a heck of a time keeping control of his aircraft due to this issue. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have any tip how to modify the Saitek Yoke? My A320 landings are a joke. I landed better 22 years ago when I did my first flight in FS-98.

The final is fine, then over the threshold it all falls apart. If I don't bank or float, I slam the aircraft into the ground and would get fired by the ATC before reaching the gate (if the passengers survive that is)

I know I am not this bad. I've flown pretty much all MS Sims, Xplane and even mastered Kai Tak in a real fullmotion 767 simulator.

What is going on?  

Edited by flightsim1818

4 minutes ago, flightsim1818 said:

A320 landings are a joke.

The A320 goes from wanting to float to dropping from the sky way too abruptly. That doesn't seem right to me.

I hope FSUIPC fixes this. t0803.gif

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

32 minutes ago, flightsim1818 said:

Does anyone have any tip how to modify the Saitek Yoke? My A320 landings are a joke. I landed better 22 years ago when I did my first flight in FS-98.

The final is fine, then over the threshold it all falls apart. If I don't bank or float, I slam the aircraft into the ground and would get fired by the ATC before reaching the gate (if the passengers survive that is)

I know I am not this bad. I've flown pretty much all MS Sims, Xplane and even mastered Kai Tak in a real fullmotion 767 simulator.

What is going on?  

I feel the exact same way.. struggling with the A320 and to a lesser extent the 747.. unless it’s windy then I might just crash half the time..either other sims were just too easy or there’s something wrong with the airliners in this one.  

never had issues with landing in other sims.. if this is just more like the real deal then I suppose I’ll Re-learn.

6 minutes ago, Azapata87 said:

I feel the exact same way.. struggling with the A320 and to a lesser extent the 747.. unless it’s windy then I might just crash half the time..either other sims were just too easy or there’s something wrong with the airliners in this one.  

never had issues with landing in other sims.. if this is just more like the real deal then I suppose I’ll Re-learn.

Right!

They should call it "Microsoft Go Around Simulator" because I will master those if nothing happens, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Based on the law of averages, the A320 flight model has to be wrong. No way every other sim got it wrong.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:27 AM, Bilbosmeggins said:

First things first, I have to say that I love this sim. To be this good coming out of the gate is mind blowing.  And I am pretty sure that this title will toll the death knoll for much of the competition. Although I don’t think that, in itself, is much cause for celebration.  But the gulf between the vanilla versions is now huge.

With that out of the way, I have to say that my biggest area of concern is the crazily sensitive control inputs.  I have dulled mine down in the options, and put curves on pretty much everything. But I have a Warthog Hotas, and the stick has a 75mm extension, so should already be less twitchy. I have watched several YouTube videos, posted by seasoned simmers who are far better pilots than me. And each and every one of them has meandered down the runway like a clown on a unicycle. Which, on one hand is reassuring, as it ain’t just me. On the other hand, it means that the problem needs proper intervention, not just a tweaking session at my end. Even the slightest touch of the trim wheel has my plane popping up like a fart bubble in a bathtub. 

From reading another thread, it seems that sensitivity has been brought up in front of the developers before now, and the problem dismissed. Is this really so? I, personally, would love to have it patched ASAP.  Think it will be?

Hello,
I have a Warthog and i can't control my joystick because of its extreme sensibility. Target does not work for me on 2020 (patch 1950). Do you use Target and what are your settings ?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

On the last feedback snaphsot the sensitivity issue is listed to be solved with the next patch. I put my hopes in that. 🙂

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved