Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Upgraded to 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM, nothing changed

Ok, so I just disabled the rolling cache, and yes, I have eliminated all stutters now. Zero left! Also, the frame rate is stable now, not bouncing around. 

• Like 5

Just for perspective, I was flying last night - FS2020, Dragon Center, and Afterburner were only applications running.  I routinely was above 18GB of RAM utilized and hit 21GB a handful of times.  I'm not sure what would have happened if I was at 16 not 32gb.

• Like 1

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

20 minutes ago, zihmer001 said:

Just for perspective, I was flying last night - FS2020, Dragon Center, and Afterburner were only applications running.  I routinely was above 18GB of RAM utilized and hit 21GB a handful of times.  I'm not sure what would have happened if I was at 16 not 32gb.

Was that 21GB all MSFS or the total across all applications according to Windows (including MSFS and everything else that runs under Windows)?  Either way, it's a point well made.

Out of curisoity is 24GB as 3 banks a valid confiugration, or must it be 1, 2 or 4?

6 minutes ago, flying_w said:

Was that 21GB all MSFS or the total across all applications according to Windows (including MSFS and everything else that runs under Windows)?  Either way, it's a point well made.

Out of curisoity is 24GB as 3 banks a valid confiugration, or must it be 1, 2 or 4?

I'll look tonight in task manager to see what FS2020 is pulling.  I know that Dragon Center (MSI mobo software) definitely uses some.  I was on the other end of the spectrum and willing to go to 64gb if needed (I built this pc for the sim a few weeks ago), but I feel that as of now, I have room to spare.

For 3 sticks - it kind of works.  It works but it doesn't maximize the concept of dual channel.  I don't know what you have, but if you can get another matched set you will have optimum performance.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

5 minutes ago, zihmer001 said:

I'll look tonight in task manager to see what FS2020 is pulling.  I know that Dragon Center (MSI mobo software) definitely uses some.  I was on the other end of the spectrum and willing to go to 64gb if needed (I built this pc for the sim a few weeks ago), but I feel that as of now, I have room to spare.

For 3 sticks - it kind of works.  It works but it doesn't maximize the concept of dual channel.  I don't know what you have, but if you can get another matched set you will have optimum performance.

Thanks!  Incidentally I have the same Ripjaws as you except 3000Mhz and only 16GB.  Love the timings on G.Skill stuff.

2 hours ago, flying_w said:

Thanks!  Incidentally I have the same Ripjaws as you except 3000Mhz and only 16GB.  Love the timings on G.Skill stuff.

Yeah, it is fantastic - I've been using Ripjaws for a LONNNNNNNG time.  Have you opened it up to run at 3000MHz? I'm always saddened when people buy good RAM but have it run at like 2100mhz due to the throttling inherit with motherboards out of the gate.

Apparently ctge manual cache should work better. But it is very buggy, freezing up when you try to add to it.

So both the Cache systems are a best avoided for now.

• Like 1

One thing I noticed was even with vsync off, but set to 60, there were times when it wasn’t very smooth and FPS drops would impact the sim, however with vsync off and set to 30, the sim seemed a lot smoother for some reason. 

I’m running a RX590 and a R5 3600 with 16gb ram and getting around 35+/- FPS on High settings, with a couple of tweaks. 

I’ve got 32gb of Corsair vengeance DDR4 ram for sale if anyone wants it cheap? (£50) it’s two sticks of 16. Only used for 7 months and rarely the pc was on....