Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

"Ok..the MSFS grand seduction is complete....jeez...

I have completely surrendered to the ULTRA 'Dark Side'...

The Emperor..."Give in, Mitch..to the DARK SIDE,  let your LUST for Ultra lead you to my side as my apprentice!"

Mitch: "Ah..er...ok,--->...I'm in...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I am blown away...didn't take three days...and I am so GIMME GIMME...and what you will see following is Mitch having gone over to the Ultra Settings 'Dark Side'...and as long as I stay out of the Big Iron Cockpits...well...I can get away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some pics and the settings that produced them, flying up the Sarnia River, Ontario, Canada, and then deciding to try a landing, under basically ULTRA, but with  Super Sampling set actually to 2X.  Doing that...I don't see any graphic degradation...no sir.  Makes a huge difference if you're going to stuff graphics down your CPU/GPU's throat!

Here are the pics...and again, the setting I have challenged my system to deliver on.    

i7-975 Extreme

12 GB's of 3200Mhz 3rP RAM

EVGA GTX FTW 1070 8GB

Soundblaster X-Fi Titainium---->.(really, really...and really old,...but it works!)

The Pics...and settings screens:

Screenshot-180.png

Screenshot-181.png

Screenshot-182.png

Screenshot-183.png

Screenshot-184.png

Screenshot-185.png

Screenshot-186.png

Screenshot-187.png

Screenshot-188.png

Screenshot-189.png

Screenshot-190.png

Screenshot-191.png

Screenshot-192.png

Screenshot-193.png

Screenshot-194.png

Screenshot-195.png

Screenshot-196.png

Screenshot-197.png

Screenshot-198.png

Screenshot-199.png

Screenshot-200.png

Screenshot-201.png

Screenshot-202.png

Screenshot-203.png

Screenshot-204.png

Screenshot-205.png

Screenshot-206.png

Screenshot-207.png

Screenshot-208.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 10

9 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Super Sampling set actually to 2X

Render scale to 200?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

N0...100...Terrain and Objects at 200%

Ok, but just fyi, full screen super sampling is the render scale slider. Will destroy fps of course. 

Edited by Slides

Just now, Slides said:

Ok, but just fyi, full screen super sampling is the render scale slider.

I have Super Sampling as 2x, render scale as 100 in my settings.

In the sim's graphics options? I don't remember seeing that in the settings. 

N/m, I see what you are referecing.

Edited by Slides

6 minutes ago, Slides said:

In the sim's graphics options? I don't remember seeing that in the settings. 

Yeppers..take at look at my set up screens, and you will see it...If you set to Default HIGH, it comes in as 4X,  if Ultra..it sets up to 8X...but, you can of course mix 'n match..so I dropped that to 2X...and then SAVE and APPLY.   The graphics...are like nothing...I have EVER seen in a home non-commercial flight simulator.  Having the trees and shrubs and bushes set to Ultra as you fly over them or come in for a final...gawd...it's breathtaking...simply breathtaking that this is on my home system...THANK YOU Microsoft!  As long as I don't have a visible complex big iron cockpit...this is so incredibly 'do-able' on my spec's.  That is ok..because after all, I have always been a G.A .VFR, and/or part time IFR flyer...and for what is now playing out under my wings...seriously I have died and gone to Heaven....

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DAM! Those pics look good!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

What exactly does this option do? The super sampling one 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yeppers..take at look at my set up screens, and you will see it...If you set to Default HIGH, it comes in as 4X,  if Ultra..it sets up to 8X...but, you can of course mix 'n match..so I dropped that to 2X...and then SAVE and APPLY.   The graphics...are like nothing...I have EVER seen in a home non-commercial flight simulator.  Having the trees and shrubs and bushes set to Ultra as you fly over them or come in for a final...gawd...it's breathtaking...simply breathtaking that this is on my home system...THANK YOU Microsoft!  As long as I don't have a visible complex big iron cockpit...this is so incredibly 'do-able' on my spec's.  That is ok..because after all, I have always been a G.A .VFR, and/or part time IFR flyer...and for what is now playing out under my wings...seriously I have died and gone to Heaven....

I was reading in the graphics tweak guide that was posted in here that gave a great review of all settings. Basically if you have AF set to 16x, supersampling didnt have any visual improvement so they recommended to turn it off. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What exactly does this option do? The super sampling one 

You have that right in the P3D options...and what it does, is parse...and parse again...in other words Ian, it resamples the pipeline BEFORE it sends the output to the screen (your GPU that is..) and that is what the blah-x is..you set it to 2x..it samples twice and then sends out..4x 8x..self explanatory. 🙂

Just now, Sesquashtoo said:

You have that right in the P3D options...and what it does, is parse...and parse again...in other words Ian, it resamples the pipeline BEFORE it sends the output to the screen (your GPU that is..) and that is what the blah-x is..you set it to 2x..it samples twice and then sends out..4x 8x..self explanatory. 🙂

So, there is no massive difference from 2x to 8x? 

1 minute ago, atlflyer said:

I was reading in the graphics tweak guide that was posted in here that gave a great review of all settings. Basically if you have AF set to 16x, supersampling didnt have any visual improvement so they recommended to turn it off. 

I'll certainly give that a twirl on the next flight...for any thing to reduce the processing..is a very good thing! 🙂 Thanks for posting that tip!

I'll certainly give that a twirl on the next flight...for any thing to reduce the processing..is a very good thing! 🙂 Thanks for posting that tip!

You got it! I forgot where the link to that guide was but it was very informative. literally every setting and the FPS hit at various levels. 

• Upvote 1