Sign in to follow this  
powlcown

Premium Boxed. Install time

How long does the boxed premium edition take to install? I am only into a small bit of Disc#1 and its taken nearly 1 hour!  At this rate I could be up for over 24 hours.

Anyone experienced with times. Would be interested to know.

Thanks David

5.5hrs, then you have on-line download after that and the the updates altogether about 15 hrs.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Many thanks Martin. I am using an external DVD drive. This could be the reason for what seems an excessive amount of time. Or else perhaps Disc1 is extra large

disc #8 was about an hour!

MSFS was working well yesterday, today the "press any key to continue..." to start the sim wont go away! Any ideas?

Martin

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Many thanks Martin. I am using an external DVD drive. This could be the reason for what seems an excessive amount of time. Or else perhaps Disc1 is extra large

I think I read something about this on the Aerosoft Forum. I purchased my edition from them. Sorry can't be of more help.

Its now 1.5 hours and I'm still only about 20 percent into disc1

14 minutes ago, sauviat said:

disc #8 was about an hour!

MSFS was working well yesterday, today the "press any key to continue..." to start the sim wont go away! Any ideas?

Martin

Martin, I think what happens, is it goes out of focus, and if you click the screen with your mouse, then hit any key it might go. Once I did that, it never did it again.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

41 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

... if you click the screen with your mouse, then hit any key it might go. Once I did that, it never did it again.

Still no luck! From what I could understand yesterday, when you are able to enter, any available updates will be installed. That said, by not being able to enter, it could be a problem with the MS server for the ongoing updates?

Martin

Edit: As I thought, had a look at the Microsoft Store and there were updates for XBox Bar! I had updated prior to my initial install on Wed/Thurs. I do not usually use MS Store and XBox is a novelty for me.

Edited by sauviat
Perhaps Resolved
  • Upvote 1

Martin Parr

34 minutes ago, powlcown said:

am using an external DVD drive.

You'll be limited by USB transfer speeds.

Not bad on USB2 and much better on USB 3, but if it's connected to USB 1, then you'll need a lot of patience🙂

Thanks for your reply. I'm an "old timer" so a stupid question... where can I check my USB port speeds? Somewhere in settings I assume.

1 hour ago, powlcown said:

Thanks for your reply. I'm an "old timer" so a stupid question... where can I check my USB port speeds? Somewhere in settings I assume.

Since last post I've started again on a faster USB Port. Seems to be going much quicker even though it's still going to take considerable time.

1 hour ago, powlcown said:

Do not know the exact speed of each but black usb (plastique tongue in usb port) is usb 1, blue is usb 2 (faster) and red is usb 3 (even faster)

PS if your external dvd is usb 1, plugging it into usb 2 or 3 in pc will not be faster....

Alain from Montreal

Thanks Alain. I started again with a blue port and it's going much faster. Looking forward to all the feed back on this new simulator. I've over 1800 hours on Xplane so it will be a new experience!

David from Cork Ireland