Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Engaging the Co-Pilot - and becoming a passenger experience

17 hours ago, MartinHawkingSchwanke said:

Sorry I know this is a really old post. but I use a terrific Add On for VR MF SF Flight sim called. - Multi Crew experience, it provides  a fully fledged Aircraft handling team and a Great AI pilot called "Clive"  (the default one but can be changed) who will take over each part. or aspect of the flight or the whole process from initial cold and dark checks to landing and turning everything off, Really work a google, The add on runs externally but alongside MSFS2020 and works perfectly almost all of the time. Designed to be spoken to as in real life. Much better than the Default AI.. 

Wow, and does "Clive" work on third party aircraft too like the PMDG?

I do like to have a pax window view while I am working. Something to look at that isn't too demanding on my attention. So I use the pax experience a lot, but the AI co pilot is dreadful.  If the OP has had a good flight with the copilot, the next one probably will not be. 

• Like 1

Also wondering the same. How well does it work with 3rd party planes like Fenix/PMDG?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I downloaded the demo and didn't really enjoy it.  It seems you can assign commands for various voice activated options and flows but not much more. Although I am probably missing something.  I found the interface clunky and very old school. Perhaps someone else will have more luck.  

On 8/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, sanh said:

I dont understand why someone would want the sim pilot to fly the plane and you just watch from a passenger seat. Instead you could just watch some YouTube videos of real flights filmed through the window by passengers. Better graphics and smooth fps in the real world.

Tell us you don't fly in VR without telling us 😉

I fly 100% in VR and have on occasion wished I could experience one of my flights from a passenger perspective.  Not something I would ever do on a regular basis, but in VR I think it would be pretty cool.

I could probably achieve the experience using one of the replay tools and replay a former flight from the passenger cabin - but I have yet to try that out.  

Edited by PlumCrazy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

Tell us you don't fly in VR without telling us 😉

I fly 100% in VR and have on occasion wished I could experience one of my flights from a passenger perspective.  Not something I would ever do on a regular basis, but in VR I think it would be pretty cool.

I could probably achieve the experience using one of the replay tools and replay a former flight from the passenger cabin - but I have yet to try that out.  

I wrote that 3 years ago. Not something I would write today. We live and learn. 😀 

• Like 1