Sign in to follow this  
Paladin2005

How to find airport ILS frequencies?

Lets summarize:

- we can not find out ILS frequencies inflight within FS20 (especially needed if ATC allocates you another approach than expected)

- we can not find out weather data (details) inflight

I hope they bring some ingame tools so we dont need that stack of 3rd party software like in old times....

• Like 3

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

7 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Lets summarize:

- we can not find out ILS frequencies inflight within FS20 (especially needed if ATC allocates you another approach than expected)

- we can not find out weather data (details) inflight

I hope they bring some ingame tools so we dont need that stack of 3rd party software like in old times....

We need an iPad to attach to our yoke, just like the real pilots have.. 🙂

Bert

My apologies to everyone I may have confused, it's an age thing ! My previous reference to Flight Connect and Flight Map should have been in reference to FSX Steam.

Once again my apologies

John R.

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2020 at 7:57 PM, spilok said:

I did this.  However after everything turned on, I did not see ILS frequencies at the end of the runway.  Must be doing something wrong.

Stan

When you zoom in a bit on the airport, you'll see little IAD icons at the end of the runway(s) if those runways have active ILS. Just click on that icon will bring up the ILS freq for that runway (or better, the opposite one)..

fcyVUJR.jpg

Edit: But adding NAV aids to the map in FS2020 is a bit buggy at my side, the map flickers every x seconds (to load new data?) which is annoying.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

On 9/7/2020 at 12:49 PM, Paladin2005 said:

we can not find out ILS frequencies inflight within FS20 (especially needed if ATC allocates you another approach than expected)

I shared a screenshot and video of looking up ILS freqs on the second page of this thread in the G1000/G3000. Can also be done in the KA.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I use Plan-G (v4), it's a nice and very useful flight planning program. It's free too.

It reads its navigation data from MSFS itself, so everything you see in the program is part of the sim, including frequencies, airport information, taxiways, etc.

The current version compatible with MSFS is in alpha, but it's been very stable for me.

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

Not to necro this thread (I guess it's the pace of this forum that makes a 9 day old thread a necro), but just a note that if you want to fly the CJ4, our mod now has a page dedicated to the approach you've selected...that shows the frequency and inbound course. And our next release probably next week will have the full database lookup feature so you can look at the frequencies for any airport from the FMC database page.

i2nERjC.jpg

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases

• Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT