Sign in to follow this  
aktorsyl

Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling (Windows 10)

Hi all,

I know this has been mentioned in several performance threads, but I think it might be worth having a central topic for specifically this. Have any of you tried this new option in Windows 10 2004, and what difference did it make to your performance?

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

Yes, I have tried it, and no, I have no idea if it made any difference to MSFS or any other program I use.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes, I tried it. I noticed a huge difference with this option enabled. Increase in fps and a decrease in vram usage on my 2070 Super. After seeing this I told my wife and she enabled it on her 1660 system and noticed the same increase in fps and decrease in vram usage. This option lets the graphics card manage vram instead of Windows. Try it. You can always turn if off.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

I've been running it enabled since 2004 released. I haven't noticed any real performance increases, but nothing harmful, either. As that article says, it's really more about laying the groundwork for more considerable changes in the future. There have been a few benchmark comparisons that pretty much confirmed as much, although I believe the lower end of GPUs that support that feature saw a bigger increase than the higher end. Basically anyone who claims it made a huge difference is fully under placebo effect.

I did a test in the NYC metro area on Ultra with my GTX 2060 Super prior to enabling it and nope, did not notice any gains at all. No biggie here, still satisfied with the performance I have but yea more frames is always nice 😛

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

I had an interesting result doing it... FPS didn't seem to change significantly but GPU % dropped from 100 to about 80.  GTX 1050 ti card.

For me I got significantly lower fps, from 45 down to 26 fps on a 1070. Weird is that even the menu was sluggish, a true stutter fest! Although I am not entirely sure if it wasnt a momentary bug that happened coincidentally. But since I disabled it again my fps returned to normal. Will try again.