Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Map Legend and ATC call sign settings not saving

Not sure what happened, but I noticed a few strange things lately with the sim.

1. When viewing the globe, it doesn't show any airports or anything, I have to go to legend and hit f12 to turn them back on again, but now everytime I reload the sim, i have to constantly hit f12 to reset the legend back to default to get everything to show up again.
  2. the local time is always showing the same as UTC time, before it would show my actual local time instead which is about 7 hours behind UTC time. Sometimes the time will fix itself after a few minutes. Notice the time at the bottom left. My local time should be 7 hours behind UTC.
  3. Under the ATC menu where you specify your plane's callsign, number, etc. Those settings aren't saving for me also. 

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

image.png

image.png

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

You running as admin

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

14 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

You running as admin

??? You mean dev mode? That shouldn't have any effect on why my settings aren't getting saved.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I've never been able to save the ATC call sign. Wish I could...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

8 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

I've never been able to save the ATC call sign. Wish I could...

As a workaround, you can edit the aircraft.cfg file for each aircraft and embed the aircraft identifier as well as the call sign.  This is a permanent change until such time as that aircraft.cfg file gets overwritten in an update. 

The .cfg files are located in the content directory at <MSFS Directory> / Official / OneStore under each specific aircraft folder. 

• Like 2

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

20 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

As a workaround, you can edit the aircraft.cfg file for each aircraft and embed the aircraft identifier as well as the call sign.  This is a permanent change until such time as that aircraft.cfg file gets overwritten in an update. 

The .cfg files are located in the content directory at <MSFS Directory> / Official / OneStore under each specific aircraft folder. 

Thanks for that tip. So it seems like the ATC call sign info not being saved is how it is for everyone and not just me?

What about the globe not displaying the airports? I have reset that back to defaults but it won't save.

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

So it seems like the ATC call sign info not being saved is how it is for everyone and not just me?

Yes, correct.  This hasn't yet been implemented.  There is a Self-Help / Wishlist subcategory on the MSFS Public Forums where users can make their desires known to MS/Asobo.  Haven't looked closely enough yet to see if Avsim has something similar.  Since the dev team read these forums, might be a good idea.

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

What about the globe not displaying the airports? I have reset that back to defaults but it won't save.

Have not seen this reported and it works fine in my installation.  You can try starting MSFS using "Run as administrator" just on the off-chance there's a directory or permissions issue with your installation.  In any event, you can report bugs/issues with MSFS using the Zendesk portal.  You will have to log in using your Microsoft account credentials.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

How do you run MFS as admin? There's no .exe file, I just have the icon on my taskbar and the only option is to unpin it when I right click.

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

How do you run MFS as admin? There's no .exe file, I just have the icon on my taskbar and the only option is to unpin it when I right click.

Go to the start menu and find Microsoft Flight Simulator. Right click on it and then select More. Then choose Run as Administrator.

12 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I found MSFS in the start menu and dragged it to my desktop. Right click the DT icon and you'll get an option box. You can run as administrator from there.

Edited by rexbo47

Thanks, will give that a try then.