Sign in to follow this  
donet

FPS - framerate conflicted. 30, 60, 90 or what?

One thing, it was nice to see that while people disagreed somewhat in this thread, there was only one person who decided to be a smart elect / antagonistic!  Join me in embarrassing people like that until they change or leave our community - that behavior is NOT wanted!

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I ended up switching off vsync and used the max refresh of 144hz on my monitor. I average between 44 and 55 fps, and it looks great. Much to my surprise, I'm not seeing the dreaded tearing I normally get with vysnc off. I purposefully "jerked my head around" to try to induce tearing, but I just couldn't see it. Maybe this sim is performing some sort of graphics magic to hide it.

Edited by Keto Ketchup
more info
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
Mis edit

34 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

I ended up switching off vsync and used the max refresh of 144hz on my monitor. I average between 44 and 55 fps, and it looks great. Much to my surprise, I'm not seeing the dreaded tearing I normally get with vysnc off. I purposefully "jerked my head around" to try to induce tearing, but I just couldn't see it. Maybe this sim is performing some sort of graphics magic to hide it.

I concur I do not recall ever have seeing tearing, regardless of v-sync setting or frame rate. Which makes me suspect the setting is broken and v-sync is forced on. I have a freesync monitor with a range of 48-144 but I often have frame rates in the 30's and low 40's too.

Also the frame limiter doesn't seem to work right for me. When I set it to 60, it seems to do nothing. FPS can be higher than 60 at any time. When I set it to 30, FPS is capped at -15-. When I set it to 20, it's capped at -10-. This is using the devmode FPS counter. Dunno what is up with that.

• Like 1