Sign in to follow this  

Seems the 3080 will ship with 10 GB of Vram, Seeing windows 10 has increased allocated vram from 9 to 10 this is a down grade from the 2080 series for simmers and gamers in general, If we are allocated 10 GB minus the W10 1.2 GB vram uses for OS then you get less than 9 usable. MSFS uses 8+ of VRAM on ultra.... And i'm sure not many of us can afford the 3090 Titan with 24 G vram!

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-and-3080-specifications-leak.html

tpewpb-6.png

That`s why i am not upgrading my GPU till next year, an AIB partners 3090 is the one i will go for and i suspect £1500-£2000, we will soon know next week.

PS and a larger case fractal R7 XL most likely.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I'll have to see where the PSU requirements land too. I'm on 850W at the moment but sounds like that could be borderline for the 3090 beast of a card. Guess we'll see in a few days. 

6 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

That`s why i am not upgrading my GPU till next year, an AIB partners 3090 is the one i will go for and i suspect £1500-£2000, we will soon know next week.

PS and a larger case fractal R7 XL most likely.

I'm sure you have heard but rumors say around 1500 USD. I would be pleasantly surprised.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

GPU field should be interesting in the next 6 or so. 

Very disappointing that 3080 only launches with 10... My 2 year old 1080ti has 11, so it would be a side grade at best. 

3090/3080 Super  (20Gb) pricing and performance will dictate my GPU upgrade. Interesting bit is from the "leaks" has 900 more Cuda cores and is only 30-40w more than 3080, I'm wondering if a power mod will really let this thing loose as it seems to be intentionality power limited, presumably to keep it under 400w.

Today's announcement should be interesting, hopefully benchmarks are to follow. 

Have to agree. My 1080ti still going strong on P3D V5/MSFS

I cant understand the huge memory gap between the 3080 and 3090 unless a 3080ti is in the pipeline with more memory. I will probably look for a reduced price 2080ti.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

2 hours ago, DescendDescend said:

I cant understand the huge memory gap between the 3080 and 3090 unless a 3080ti is in the pipeline with more memory. I will probably look for a reduced price 2080ti.

Well, better would be to wait for the price announcement of the new 3090. The current price of the RTX2080Ti is around $1,600+.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, DescendDescend said:

Have to agree. My 1080ti still going strong on P3D V5/MSFS

I would wager that there's room for a 3080ti or 3080 Super with 16-20gb vRAM that may pop up when Navi pops up and if it's competitive.