Sign in to follow this  
flightsimboy

My Community Folder is Missing?

Hello. My apologies if this is on the wrong forum. I am trying to install addons and when I go to the packages folder, there is no community/official folder. I bought through Microsoft store. Ill attach screenshots. Where could this be?

IMAGE https://ibb.co/b6rMPdh

Guest SeanMo

In my own case, I needed to add a Community folder. I installed via Xbox Gamepass for PC on launch date (central Kiribati standard time). 

For the Microsoft Store edition AND/OR Gamepass edition:

• It is located in: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_<RANDOMLETTERS>\LocalCache\Packages\Community.

For the Steam edition:

• It is located in: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community.

For the Boxed edition:

• It is located in: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community.

6 hours ago, SeanMo said:

In my own case, I needed to add a Community folder. I installed via Xbox Gamepass for PC on launch date (central Kiribati standard time). 

For the Microsoft Store edition AND/OR Gamepass edition:

• It is located in: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_<RANDOMLETTERS>\LocalCache\Packages\Community.

For the Steam edition:

• It is located in: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community.

For the Boxed edition:

• It is located in: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community.

So do I just add a folder that says "Community"?

Did you change the install path at all?  I changed mine and that is where my folder and downloaded content was.  I had a folder for community and one for official.  It would be when you launched the game and it asked where you wanted to download the 96gb.

• Like 1

I located the "Community" folder as below.

C:\Users\ Your Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft flight Simulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

andy a

This is the same thing that happened to me.  I reinstalled two times and finally got the Community folder but nothing was in it. 

I finally put two scenery files in it that I had downloaded and it started working.  See my post above "Flight Sim Locks Up - Can no longer use it"

This was late last night so I don't know if it will still work today.

Roy

If you want to retrieve your Community folder, the easiest way is to open your UserCfg.opt file located here (My MSFS is installed on my E drive so disregard the first part of this path - before AppData - if your MSFS is on C drive): 

E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2664669059-4195190780-4106683977-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Open this file UserCfg.opt and scroll to the very last line of it named "InstalledPackagesPath", you will see where your packages are (Community and Official).

"So do I just add a folder that says "Community"?" flightsimboy

You DO NOT need to create a Community folder, it is part of your MSFS install and is already here, you only need to locate it and create a short cut to it on your desktop, so that you won't have to look for it again in the future.

:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2664669059-4195190780-4106683977-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2664669059-4195190780-4106683977-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2664669059-4195190780-4106683977-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCgo the very last line where it says: "InstalledPackagesPath", it will show you where your Packages are (Community and Official). 

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I think some think we don't know where the Community folder is.  If you have downloaded anything you probably know how to find it.

The problem is not finding it, in my case it was empty.  In the above case it seems it just wasn't there.

I had to put something in it to make it work and not lock up.

Roy

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I think some think we don't know where the Community folder is.

If you tried what is suggested , that might help you (in the case of the OP certainly). Your Community folder can be located on the C drive even if you installed MSFS on the D drive, this happened with users who did not take note of their initial install location and updated the sim on another drive (this has happened numerous times and led to full or partial re-install, not to mention other problems). What I indicated is a way to locate those folders as they are used by the sim, nothing else. It is meant to help.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I had to rename my community folder to get the beta to run. I didn't make a new one, but after computer restart, on first run, MSFS did create it.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 2/11/2022 at 8:47 AM, Bernard Ducret said:

If you want to retrieve your Community folder, the easiest way is to open your UserCfg.opt file located here (My MSFS is installed on my E drive so disregard the first part of this path - before AppData - if your MSFS is on C drive): 

E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2664669059-4195190780-4106683977-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Open this file UserCfg.opt and scroll to the very last line of it named "InstalledPackagesPath", you will see where your packages are (Community and Official).

"So do I just add a folder that says "Community"?" flightsimboy

You DO NOT need to create a Community folder, it is part of your MSFS install and is already here, you only need to locate it and create a short cut to it on your desktop, so that you won't have to look for it again in the future.

:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2664669059-4195190780-4106683977-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2664669059-4195190780-4106683977-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2664669059-4195190780-4106683977-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCgo the very last line where it says: "InstalledPackagesPath", it will show you where your Packages are (Community and Official). 

Thank you for this.

Download the PC utility Everything (free). You'll never wonder where anything is again. More powerful, easier to use, more configurable, and way faster than the awful search built into Windows. 

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-best-free-search-tools-windows-10/

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.