Sign in to follow this  
Andy675

Innsbruck add-on airport

I use the box edition of FSX. I have several add-on airports to which I fly quite happily. I purchased, from the Aerosoft web site the Innsbruck add-on airport and have found that I cannot get there! About 20nm out in any direction the program hangs then crashes to desk top. I am presuming this is where the original FSX scenery meets the new. I can fly out of Innsbruck with no problem. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a work around. I fly the Aerosoft Airbus A319/20. I have re-installed the program several times but with no change in behaviour. Thanks.

Odd!  I have only seen that happen when trying to use an FS2004 scenery.  It's like you are flying into a brick wall!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Any reason you didn't seek assistance from Aerosoft in their forums? I know several people (one of them REALLY well) who would be happy to help you if you did!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi DaveCT2003, I did contact Aerosoft. The person who replied wanted me to give the 'inner workings' of my computer. Not being computer literate and with everything else working fine I didn't want to meddle. I just wondered if anyone else had this problem and if there was a simple fix. For now I fly out of the airport, I just don't deliver any passengers there 😀. Thanks for your reply.

2 hours ago, Andy675 said:

I fly the Aerosoft Airbus A319/20..

Hi Andy.

Have you gone back to basics to test the airport scenery? What I mean by that is can you fly into Innsbruck in the default Cessna or any default FSX plane?

In addition Dave does make a valid point.:cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 hours ago, Andy675 said:

About 20nm out in any direction the program hangs then crashes to desk top. I am presuming this is where the original FSX scenery meets the new.

That shouldn't really happen if you only have used the default FSX scenery for this area. Have you ever had any other Innsbruck scenery installed (freeware or payware) or have you installed any other scenery addons close to that area which might be affecting it? I used to have Aerosoft Innsbruck installed for a few years and was able to use it in FSX without any problems (although now I use the Orbx Innsbruck scenery instead only because I though it was a little better). If you always experience the CTD in roughly the same area then I suspect there is something on your system conflicting with Aerosoft LOWI. Sometimes it can be quite difficult to pinpoint the culpit but it might even be a residual remnant of some addon which you previously uninstalled but which hasn't uninstalled completely.

Bill

5 hours ago, Andy675 said:

Hi DaveCT2003, I did contact Aerosoft. The person who replied wanted me to give the 'inner workings' of my computer. Not being computer literate and with everything else working fine I didn't want to meddle. I just wondered if anyone else had this problem and if there was a simple fix. For now I fly out of the airport, I just don't deliver any passengers there 😀. Thanks for your reply.

Hello Andy,

We can help you retrieve that information, it's often necessary so that's were we usually start in order to save time and get someone up and enjoying the product as quickly as possible.  Also, we aren't allowed to provide support outside of our forums (for some really good reasons).

Feel free to PM me a link to your post here or in our forums and I'll give you a hand.  I have the same username both places.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Dave,  thanks for your offer to help, I do appreciate it. One suggestion was to try a different aircraft. I have only used the Aerosoft Airbus. I flew the default FSX airbus and have reached LOWI every time. I can only surmise that there is a problem between the Aerosoft Airbus and the new scenery. This may seem strange but I have decided to leave things as they are, the airbus flies beautifully everywhere else. When I want to go to Innsbruck I will use a different aircraft.  Thanks again for your offer of help. Best regards,  Andrew

• Like 1

What you might be experiencing then is an Out Of Memory error. I believe Aerosoft's Innsbruck is quite detailed, as is their Airbus.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 9/1/2020 at 1:36 PM, HighBypass said:

What you might be experiencing then is an Out Of Memory error. I believe Aerosoft's Innsbruck is quite detailed, as is their Airbus.

I was going to say the same thing. Could try lowering the LOD? Easy thing to try. I have to do it when running any orbx major airport. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK