Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Wednesday MFS Flight – Idaho Bush Strips - Sep 2

I propose a Microsoft Flight Simulator (MFS) Group Flight for Wednesday September 2.   

The attached flightplan includes 14 bush landings as well as intermediate waypoints leading through the canyons of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness.   
0U3    -    Mahoney Creek USFS
C53    -    Lower Loon Creek
12ID    -    Flying B Ranch Landing Strip
85U    -    Soldier Bar USFS
09ID    -    Taylor Ranch Landing Area
I08    -      Cabin Creek USFS
I98D    -    Vines Airstrip
I97D    -    Mile Hi Airstrip
I99D    -    Dewey Moore Airstrip
C48    -    Wilson Bar USFS
ID28    -    Mackay Bar
24K    -    Krassel USFS
ID93    -    Reed Ranch
KMYL    -    McCall Mun

Flight Plan Here

The total length of the route is 119 miles.  This is familiar territory as we have flown here in P3D and FSX in the Orbx Central Rockies region.  Note that Mile Hi and Dewey More are not official airstrips in MFS but I have verified their locations and landed at them. 

HyIfbhX.jpg

There are three good bush plane options depending on which version of MFS you have:   
•    X Cub
•    Savage Cub
•    Zlin Shock Ultra

The advantage of the X Cub is that is has a Garmin navigation display and the route will be easier to follow and it is a bit faster.   The disadvantage is that it cannot fly as slowly as the Shock Ultra and will be trickier to land on some of the strips.     I will be flying the Zlin Shock Ultra, but as always you are free to fly what you like .

Estimated Flight Departure Time:  Wednesday 1800 UTC
Voice Communication: RTWR Teamspeak

Recommend that we join up on teamspeak  /MFS about 15-20 minutes ahead of plan departure time so that I can send out group flight invitations and load in. 

• Like 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Looks great! Another disadvantage of the X Cub is that it is somewhat difficult to turn around on some of these small strips, or maybe I missed something with that airplane.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

This looks a terrific flight plan

I know how to load flight plans -plan files-into P3Dv5

Where do you place them in MSFS2020?

Is it possible?

xxd09

I flew the first few legs and had to stop. It was so frickin' marvellous I had to stop. I didn't want to spoil Wednesday!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Looks great! Another disadvantage of the X Cub is that it is somewhat difficult to turn around on some of these small strips, or maybe I missed something with that airplane.

I hesitate to say this but what the heck. Rudder as far as it will go, appropriate brake and enough throttle to give the rudder authority.

*Runs away

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Savage Cub is awesome, and the VFR map is as useful as the GPS in the X Cub.

Bert

Even though I'm a few weeks late, I just wanted to let you know what a great course this was (even if you fly it offline).

Such interesting (and challenging) airstrips! I've always been a fan of bush-flying, so this was right down my alley.

And since I liked it so much, I've added the missing two location back into FS2020, so that one can properly use them in a flight plan and GPS, or even start out right at them.
I left them as rough as they were — just removed a few trees from the I99D's runway, and added a bit of scenery.

https://imgur.com/a/LWNqofP

You can download the package from here.