Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Luton (LTN) to Palma De Mallorca (PMI) in an A320

Eh? What? An orange and white French plane? People's loyaties be all over the place recently LOL! 🍻:cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

12 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Eh? What? An orange and white French plane? People's loyaties be all over the place recently LOL! 🍻:cool:

If it's good enough for you...it's good enough for me.😁 

• Like 1

A worthy break from the Ukrainian iron...yes....🙂...

Watched the full video....with volume turned up...risking violation of (local) noise regulations...🙂...

Excellent video....and very nice supporting audio (communication + ambient)...!!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 2:33 AM, P_7878 said:

A worthy break from the Ukrainian iron...yes....🙂...

Watched the full video....with volume turned up...risking violation of (local) noise regulations...🙂...

Excellent video....and very nice supporting audio (communication + ambient)...!!

Very kind of you to say so sir.

A worthy break...I'm not so sure. I have rebuilt my An-12 and updated my IL-62. I can't wait to take them for a spin.😎

9 hours ago, edetroit said:

A worthy break...I'm not so sure. I have rebuilt my An-12 and updated my IL-62. I can't wait to take them for a spin.😎

Yeah....you must surely feel a bit out-of-element in that "FBW" cockpit....🙂....(where is that "KOHTYP" (GPS?) unit around here?)...🙂...though, it felt you were pretty much at-home, in the A320 video....

An-12 will be really good to fly...don't recall I've ever flown a freeware AN-12...in FSX...

[I do recall owning (or/and flying) the two look-alikes An-14/28 and the look-alikes An-24/26/32...so, your C-130 look-alike An-12 should be interesting, for sure...]

• Like 1

Great shots, Ed.  Too bad Airsimmer and AES are abandoned products at this point, but they are well showcased here.

• Like 1

John G.

Very special, very good. Perhaps I wouldn't have looked at a movie of an A320 to Mallorca if it hadn't been made by you, Ed. (Saw it already some days ago, Greg mentioned it in the fs2004.team forum.) But I didn't regret: Although I have never flown with Easyjet so far, and never been to Mallorca, it pretty much sounded and felt like a real world holiday flight. But, to be honest, for my taste something missed: a yoke in front of the pilot.

However:

On 9/4/2020 at 7:03 PM, edetroit said:

I have rebuilt my An-12 and updated my IL-62. I can't wait to take them for a spin.😎

😳

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

On 9/5/2020 at 3:15 AM, P_7878 said:

Yeah....you must surely feel a bit out-of-element in that "FBW" cockpit....🙂....(where is that "KOHTYP" (GPS?) unit around here?)...🙂...though, it felt you were pretty much at-home, in the A320 video....

The Airsimmer A320 flies like no other aircraft I have flown and really takes some getting used to. One has to use really tiny inputs whereas I like swinging the yoke from left to right 😄. Yes I am using a yoke with the bus ...perhaps that is where I am going wrong.

On 9/5/2020 at 5:13 PM, PittsS2B said:

Great shots, Ed.  Too bad Airsimmer and AES are abandoned products at this point, but they are well showcased here.

Thankyou John, Yes abandoned products but they are still selling them......infuriating.

22 hours ago, HaraldG said:

Very special, very good. Perhaps I wouldn't have looked at a movie of an A320 to Mallorca if it hadn't been made by you, Ed. (Saw it already some days ago, Greg mentioned it in the fs2004.team forum.) But I didn't regret: Although I have never flown with Easyjet so far, and never been to Mallorca, it pretty much sounded and felt like a real world holiday flight. But, to be honest, for my taste something missed: a yoke in front of the pilot.

However:

😳

Hello Harald, I also have never flown on EasyJet but I have been to Mallorca and loved it.

I'm glad you enjoyed my flight.....as it happens my next video flight is in the bus again but Lufhansa Munich/Madrid. I send you a notification this time.  

2 hours ago, edetroit said:

One has to use really tiny inputs whereas I like swinging the yoke from left to right 😄. Yes I am using a yoke with the bus...

I see....Yes, Ed, I think I recall having seen you (successfully) use that technique on the Ukrainian Irons...🙂...

Not sure if you still have that Tray Table in the cockpit of this Bus....🙂...for your long flights...

18 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Not sure if you still have that Tray Table in the cockpit of this Bus....🙂...for your long flights...

The tray table is there but they have not modelled my glass of vino collapso. 😄

Edited by edetroit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ed:

So, you (folks) have been around a bit...in FS9....looks like...🙂....I spent just about year or so with FS9 (~2005), and then switched to FSX...so, never knew about AirSimmer Airbus, my first (real) exposure to Airbus was Wilco A318/A319, if I recall correctly, before Aerosoft etc., later on, of course,...

I read up now a bit about FS9 Airsimmer...it must have been the glory-days of (early) FS9 Airbus jetliner simulation...(time has stopped, there, at 2009, it looks like)...

It says there, "AirSimmer is state-of-the-art aircraft simulation software for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The AirSimmer team is comprised of top SIM programmers and designers who bring passion, skill and drive to the creation of a genuinely superior flight simulation experience."

Good stuff and good memories...!

And, yes, a glass of "vino collapso"...."cheap", but "strong", wine,...🙂...on that Tray Table...sounds good while simming....!!

• Like 1