Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Well for me anyway, FS9 rules, FSX waste of money

Guest FxF3

So far just the $70.00. I will need another 1GB of ram but I would need that sooner or later anyway. Also may go back to a LCD monitor now that the are getting better then last years models.

Guest Fjorko

Yeah but you are missing his point mate !WHY should we have to tweak the #### thing in the first place. Why did they not tweak these things before they pressed the DVD's if they knew it would improve the performance ????We are always left to pick up the pieces and try to TWEAK our way through their botched code.Shambles i tell you, it's a shambles !!!BTW - Even though i'm very unhappy with the performance on my Core2Duo system ( 2GB ram and 2 x SATA HDD's ) I'm still like a fool trying to at least fly it....just so i don't have to throw it in the bin ( coz it was a gift from a good friend who know's i love flying )I have'nt even activated it yet, i keep running in 30 minute slots to try and TWEAK the !

Guest ha5mvo

"WHY should we have to tweak the #### thing in the first place. Why did they not tweak these things before they pressed the DVD's if they knew it would improve the performance ????"because mostly so-called "tweaks" are a bluff....what they are in reality, is a tradeoff of quality for performance, or vica versa....what they do allow is some sort of flexibility to decide what you are willing to sacrifice and to which extent.at any rate, those twake won't transform the sim nor will they create something (quality or performance) out of nothing.....

Guest FxF3

tweaks don't work, tweaks are a bluff, tweaks R us.Guys when no one can reason with you to help you. Then you might as well go back to something else.If you call Aces sharing with us about cpu useage or building and tree cell count tradeoffs for bad code then what else can we do for you.Most people on this forum just want to help you to get the most from your new Sim, game whatever you want to call FSX.

>Hey waldo thats exactly the system I've except I have a>single 24" LCD monitor and run at 1900x1200 resolution. What>frame rates are you getting. I get about 30 with tweaks>everywhere except those big cities. Micro stutters are>universal.Ditto dude!I was thinking about getting this puppy --> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824014124

>Okay lets meet then. Could you please take a note of all>phone assisted activations (FS-X and Vista) if any you had to>do during that time. Also keep track of all the times you>reinstalled and the time you used to install the needed tweaks>and patches.>>I look forward hearing from you and will certainly listen to>what tweaks and pacthes are the best. Maybe then I will buy a>new Vista PC with a 2nd generation DX10 GPU and install FS-X.>You will have spend all that time tweaking and waiting for>patches and in the end I will have the beter performance for a>smaller price.>>But please promise me... don't moan about that. You volunteerd>for all that work.>>In the mean time I will be flying (FS9 and X-Plane 8). See>ya!Speaking of X-Plane. I use to use it. Version 6 I think.I have noticed that it has come a long way. Fantastic scenery but the virtual cockpits still have a ways to go.X-Plane written in OpenGL by ONE guy I find amazing.And wow the frame rate is extremely high; ain't no lag in that puppy!I believe he now has another person to work on some aircraft.

Ok, imagine I am the FSX developer and I used my current computer to develop the product. I know that when it is sold it will run like molasses on everyone's computer.My question is, should it be released?One of my concerns is the add-ons that use up more frame rate.

>Hey waldo thats exactly the system I've except I have a>single 24" LCD monitor and run at 1900x1200 resolution. What>frame rates are you getting. I get about 30 with tweaks>everywhere except those big cities. Micro stutters are>universal.I was never a fan of Foxconn motherboards, but this new nVidia based C51XEM2AA is just awesome. My system has been rock solid ever since I put it together and I have had no problems at all.I put this system together because I read about the build by CPU magazine.

> re:"You guys got tweaks in so many threads it give me a>headache">> Apparently either you can't or won't read. Here are 99% of>the > tweaks at ONE site which I posted in my initial response.> > http://www.fox-fam.com/wordpress/?page_id=41>> re:"You guys aren't making a cent tweaking">> While you might not believe it there are actually forum>members who> would rather do something constructive with their time like>trying> the tweaks themselves (God forbid if you had to actually try>something> on your own machine; that might resemble work) and then>trying to > help other forum members.>> Apparently you are used to instant gratification. >> CraigYes I have used a few of those tweaks. Didn't notice any change.When I used the 'Texture Replacements' procedure I had nothing but serious stuttering. I had to re-install FSX. lolThese tweak are, to me anyway, not necessarily tweaks. What I mean is, they are just ways to hack FSX into working; and that shouldn't be necessary.

>In the mean time I will be flying (FS9 and X-Plane 8). See>ya!Been rotating through FS9, X-Plane V8 with global scenery, and FSX for days now. Still drawn to FSX though. Just prefer the textures, and improvement in the simulated air mass. Have not done any tweaking with FSX either.L.Adamson

Guest Len

Waldo,With all due repect if you can't get FSX to run decently with yoursystem I would suggest that:1) You haven't tried any or all of the tweaks available.Here is a link for most of the tweaks all in one place.http://www.fox-fam.com/wordpress/?page_id=412) You have a serious problem with your system.If there is anything I can do to help you get it running I'll beglad to.CraigCraig thanks for the link. I've tried several of the most important of the tweaks:AutogenDescriptions.spb Replacement:doneAdded the following to fsx.cfg file:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1500Added to fsxcfg:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.33Located default.xml in the Autogen folder and renamed it to default.bak.I then turned on autogen to dense with scenery complexity to dense, water low 2.x:The following are the still poor framerates:The first one is taxing to 34R looking away from the airport itself - 7.4 fps. The stuttering was unaceptable as well:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Lent1/ksea1fsx.jpgThe second one is in the air looking over at Seattle. Textures not very good looking and fps is a poor 6.3http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Lent1/ksea2.jpgBottom line is there are no miracles. Indeed, claims of huge frame rate increases cannot be verified. Essentially these tweaks regress you to a position poorer than FS9 and in fact I'm still only able to run default airport traffic at 15%. This is not the stuff of city flying or heavy iron flying. As I stated FSX is basically only good for bush flying where you can pump the settings up.

My Seattle (possibly an SFO pic too) versus yours. As I remember, the minimum fps was 14 with target set at 30. Smooth, the whole time. Auto-gen & water effects off in these pics. No tweaks & mesh settings on the high end.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160166.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160167.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160168.jpgL.Adamson

Guest Len

Sorry, I usually post them when discussing this.P4 3.6 GHz HT 1 gb ddr ram ATI X800XT 256mb PCIe video

With all due respect Craig:I can't get FSX to run decently on my computer. I'm not asking for full sliders to the right, but I ain't flying around over some ridiculous flat photorealistic map either pretending that the world really looks like that.Now. 1) I've tried all the tweaks available2) My PC screams with EVERY OTHER SOFTWARE TITLE, except FSX tell me about the serious problems I have with my PC. My specs are below.TEll you what. Where do you live? I will FLY you here first class and if you can tweak my PC so that it is not a stuttering mess then I will pay for your ticket, your hotel and a rent-a-car for a WEEK. If you cannot then YOU pay for your own stay.How about putting your $$$ (pounds, rupies, sheckles, etc.) where your mouth is.