Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

Location of Controller Profiles?

Hi,

Does anyone know that filename / general path for the control profiles?

I plan to do a re-install, but wan to save my controller assignment preferences...

If you install MSFS via Steam, the controller profiles are located in:

...\Steam\userdata\[your Steam user number]\1250410\remote

I don't know where they are located for a MS Store install but you could search for their names:

Any personalized "Controller" profiles are stored in "inputprofile_xxxxxxxxxx" files (search for "inputprofile_ *").  They are XML files which can be edited using a text editor like notepad.
In each file, near the top, will be the name you gave it when you created it in MSFS.

• Like 1

Steve

Related question (could not find topic mentioned elsewhere):

Is there any easier way to assign various controller profiles I create for the different types of aircraft? This was so easy in X-Plane and done all in one location.

For example I have several profiles for my Saitek X-56 throttle unit. One for piston, one for turboprop, and one for jets. I cannot find any easy way to assign the piston profile to the many piston airplanes other than setting up a free flight, then changing the airplane, waiting a long time for the flight to load, then going to the Options-Controllers for that airplane and changing the profile. 

Any shortcuts are appreciated.

Going to answer my own question: It appears you cannot assign a controller profile to specific aircraft in MSFS. If you fly a turboprop (e.g. King Air) and then so a flight with a piston (e.g. 172 Skyhawk), the 172 will use the last profile (King Air) unless you go back to the Options and change it. Too bad. I really liked that feature in X-Plane. Hopefully, such a feature will be included in one of their updates.

16 minutes ago, topcat_1952 said:

Going to answer my own question: It appears you cannot assign a controller profile to specific aircraft in MSFS. If you fly a turboprop (e.g. King Air) and then so a flight with a piston (e.g. 172 Skyhawk), the 172 will use the last profile (King Air) unless you go back to the Options and change it. Too bad. I really liked that feature in X-Plane. Hopefully, such a feature will be included in one of their updates.

but going back to options to change it is just  a few seconds time, i dont see the problem.

no reload, it works straight away.

Edited by wim123

You are correct doing that way. Its just that having used X-Plane for awhile before coming back to FS, I was used to the profile already being set. No big deal. I'll get used to it.

11 hours ago, topcat_1952 said:

Maybe assign them through fsuipc, it has profiles

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

disregard. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310