Sign in to follow this  
aero943

Is R working for you?

If it does, can you tell me how to increase the Sim Rate and how to disengage? Thanks

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

No haven’t gotten it to watch right for me. Good question hopefully someone will help. I’m interested too.

38 minutes ago, aero943 said:

If it does, can you tell me how to increase the Sim Rate and how to disengage? Thanks

Increase rate: R, then Left Ctrl+Num + (plus)

Decrease rate: R, the Left Ctrl+Num - (minus)

Reset to 1x - Left Ctrl+Num (-) several times  then Left Ctrl+Num(+) (2 times)

1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8,...

• Like 2

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

I had to go in controllers,search (R) then assign crti + and - keys .

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I'm not convinced R does anything!  I use Ctrl + and Ctrl - mapped to inc/dec sim rate and they work fine, with no need for R at all.

Paul Skol

5 hours ago, Paul_Yorks said:

I'm not convinced R does anything!  I use Ctrl + and Ctrl - mapped to inc/dec sim rate and they work fine, with no need for R at all.

You are incorrect.

For instance in the C172, press M (magneto) then Ctrl +or -  The key turns. 

T(Xpdr) then Ctrl + or -  The first digit of the Xpdr code changes.  Double press T then pres Ctrl+ or -  the second digit changes,,,,

C (Com1 stand by freq) same.....

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

14 hours ago, Traveler Ray said:

Increase rate: R, then Left Ctrl+Num + (plus)

Decrease rate: R, the Left Ctrl+Num - (minus)

Reset to 1x - Left Ctrl+Num (-) several times  then Left Ctrl+Num(+) (2 times)

1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8,...

I did try your suggestion but when I press the + or - signs it zooms in or zooms out e.g

R then Left Ctrl+4+ to increase the sim rate four times takes me four times zoomed in!!

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

7 hours ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Me too, the sim rate key seemed to do nothing.  Mapping the increase and decrease keys worked great for me.  There's just no on screen way to tell what you're at, so as was mentioned above, decrease a bunch of times and increase twice to get back to 1x.  I just use ctrl-z for increase and shift-z for decrease, no need to hit any key before.  

Sim rate does work, just be aware that anything over 4x will cause issues with the autopilot as well.  The AP will quickly try and over-correct and you'll be way off your intended course/altitude.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

25 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

Me too, the sim rate key seemed to do nothing.  Mapping the increase and decrease keys worked great for me.  There's just no on screen way to tell what you're at, so as was mentioned above, decrease a bunch of times and increase twice to get back to 1x.  I just use ctrl-z for increase and shift-z for decrease, no need to hit any key before.  

Sim rate does work, just be aware that anything over 4x will cause issues with the autopilot as well.  The AP will quickly try and over-correct and you'll be way off your intended course/altitude.  

Could you please be kind enough to explain how did you do the mapping. I am flying always the Boeing long hauls and I need such a sim rate option. Does it matter if the AP is ON? I have been away from the FS community for over 15 years flying the X-Plane.

1 hour ago, aero943 said:

Could you please be kind enough to explain how did you do the mapping. I am flying always the Boeing long hauls and I need such a sim rate option. Does it matter if the AP is ON? I have been away from the FS community for over 15 years flying the X-Plane.

The keyboard mapping is confusing at first.  The key thing to note is that there's a filter, and by default, it is set to "assigned", meaning you will only see keys that are assigned.  The increase sim rate and decrease are not assigned by default which is probably why you don't see them.

Click on your input device along the top first (this is confusing too, if your joystick is selected, you can't map the keyboard commands) and select keyboard.  You have to select the device you want to configure.    Change the filter to "all".  You can use the search to find what you're looking for.  You want increase and decrease sim rate. 

This keyboard mapping is new to everyone, so everyone is a little confused.  The other "gotcha" is that you should always check what you have set for "assigned" for each input and look for one button controlling multiple things.  It is really easy to have two different things happen at once and have no idea why.  I had my autopilot on/off set to the same key I used for time acceleration, and needless to say that caused issues.  

Edited by kerosene31
  • Upvote 1

Craig from KBUF

10 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

The keyboard mapping is confusing at first.  The key thing to note is that there's a filter, and by default, it is set to "assigned", meaning you will only see keys that are assigned.  The increase sim rate and decrease are not assigned by default which is probably why you don't see them.

Any tips on setting custom views on joystick.? I have Google ,watch videos but can't get it to work. Your help would be appreciated. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

13 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

Click on your input device along the top first (this is confusing too, if your joystick is selected, you can't map the keyboard commands) and select keyboard.  You have to select the device you want to configure.    Change the filter to "all".  You can use the search to find what you're looking for.  You want increase and decrease sim rate. 

This keyboard mapping is new to everyone, so everyone is a little confused.  The other "gotcha" is that you should always check what you have set for "assigned" for each input and look for one button controlling multiple things.  It is really easy to have two different things happen at once and have no idea why.  I had my autopilot on/off set to the same key I used for time acceleration, and needless to say that caused issues.  

Thanks a bunch, I got it working. Appreciate your time for explaining

3 hours ago, reecemj said:

Any tips on setting custom views on joystick.? I have Google ,watch videos but can't get it to work. Your help would be appreciated. 

There's many ways to do it, but the camera system has custom views 0-9.  You can map any button to any custom view (I use the main button on my joystick to set custom camera 0, which is my default cockpit, elevated to the right height).  

You can set custom views (I believe, unless I have the mappings wrong) to ctrl-alt and #.  So, get your cockpit view just where you want it and hit ctrl-alt-0.  Then it is something like alt 0 to open it, and/or map a joystick button to it as well.  They are called custom user cameras or something.  For my Thrustmaster T1600, I just use the top 6 buttons as my custom cameras 1-5.  I load up an aircraft and set them all where I want them.  

• Upvote 1

Craig from KBUF

I wrote about this before so if anyone Googled it, hopefully the answer would show up.  Did you Google it?

R plus + or - doesn't work.  But you can assign key commands to do it, for example I use Shift+r to increase, Ctrl+r to decrease (shift is on top, so easy to remember)

If you go into controls, assignments, by default it only shows the controls already mapped.  What you have to do is change it to show all, then when you search for rate, the various possibilities for assignments will show up.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

As per Kerosene31 suggestion I have Ctrl+ to increase and Ctrl- to decrease the sim rate. Thanks