Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

Default flight?

Is there a way of saving a flight and making it the default flight like old FSX. When i choose a flight i want all systems in dark and cold mode. Maybe i"m missing it somewhere.

Thanks, Robert

I'm pretty sure if you start the flight in a parking space, and not on the runway, you start cold and dark.

I don’t think that’s what he was asking lol. No they don’t have that feature anymore as far as I can tell...

14 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

Is there a way of saving a flight and making it the default flight like old FSX. When i choose a flight i want all systems in dark and cold mode. Maybe i"m missing it somewhere.

Thanks, Robert

You can't save a flight as default, but you can save a flight and give it a name. I and several others have found that loading a saved flight is buggy though, with missing items in the drop down menu and sometimes no drop down menu at all.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, as long as I can start up dark and cold. And starting at a gate is correct, dark and cold... 

thanks

In the main folder of each aircraft are a set of .flt files. They are text editable files that are used to set the aircraft state when it's loaded, depending on the situation (in flight, on the runway, at the gate etc.). I've altered a few of these to set things such as no parking brake for an aircraft without a control in the VC. It would be easy to have it load cold and dark on the runway if that's what you wanted by altering the runway.flt for that aircraft. Further, I'm pretty sure you could make a copy into the Community folder (like a livery) so you dont have to touch the product code itself.

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 4

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

Further, I'm pretty sure you could make a copy into the Community folder (like a livery) so you dont have to touch the product code itself.

Make sure to backup to a safe location any files you choose to edit.  Always have a fall-back!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

15 hours ago, odourboy said:

In the main folder of each aircraft are a set of .flt files. They are text editable files that are used to set the aircraft state when it's loaded, depending on the situation (in flight, on the runway, at the gate etc.). I've altered a few of these to set things such as no parking brake for an aircraft without a control in the VC. It would be easy to have it load cold and dark on the runway if that's what you wanted by altering the runway.flt for that aircraft. Further, I'm pretty sure you could make a copy into the Community folder (like a livery) so you dont have to touch the product code itself.

Can you change the default outside view here too? I would like to change to center the plane in the screen and show the aircraft from the side instead of facing forward as the default chase view. Thank You

19 minutes ago, bosflo said:

Can you change the default outside view here too? I would like to change to center the plane in the screen and show the aircraft from the side instead of facing forward as the default chase view. Thank You

Don't know. Check it out and report back! 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

On 9/9/2020 at 9:45 PM, odourboy said:

Man, seriously thank you so much for this input. I wonder why they don't do persistent switch and knobs when we save game. : )