Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

To FS/Aces Dev Team...why FSX failed me...

Guest JTEK99

Yes, yes, of course. Additionally, I'm in possession of evidence that the ACES team is responsible for the Lindbergh kidnapping as well.I'll do anything I can to help you in bringing these miscreants to justice. :((sigh)

Guest dutton

"...when I see the sheep saying "it works on my system just fine"So now I am a sheep?? Even if I am, I am still not reducing my settings to make this work on my system. You really should be careful what you write and falsely claim, it just takes all credibility out of your discussion.You guys that come in here and grandstand like this are truly amazing, really you are. Tell me please, what is the difference if MS would have decided a few years back and proceeded to revamp the code so that the simulator would take advantage of Dual Core and Video SLI?? I could only imagine all the others complaining - so now I must go out and buy a Dual Core system and upgrade to SLI???Microsoft did you no wrong developing this version of FS. Do you honestly think they did? duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

Yeah, I have to agree with Dutton here....once you started calling those of us who actually enjoy FSX "sheep", you pretty much shot yourself in the foot. Then the rest of your generalizations buried what was left of your credibility.Also, your claim that the ACES team never shows its face in this forum (only the "MS marketing puppets") is outrageous. Even with how unpleasant and hostile the environment is around here, they STILL have the guts to pop in and participate. Open your eyes and get your facts straight before you criticize these people.I wish you the best of luck wherever you're going with this, but you're definitely not speaking for me.GG

I'm not jumping for joy over FSX performance either, but you seem to be turning this into a personal crusade to crucify those "responsible". Like, as if that's going to help solve the situation! In fact, all you may do is confirm to Microsoft that they should have kept with their previous policy of no involvement with the FS community, which would be very unfortunate for the rest of us. Let's steer this back towards a cooperative approach with Microsoft rather than the public flogging and stoning approach you are now suggesting.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest FxF3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo here we go again. :-outta

Good luck with your crusade, I hope it makes a difference for you. Instead of "taking FSX to heart", why not just take it off your hard drive and look for something that will satisfy your flight sim needs? Really, posts like this are childish and result in nothing productive. Jim

I despise being called "sheep" also dutton. Some people obviously have nothing better to do than rant about how they know better, can dictate what needs to be fixed and how they can do better, pleeeeeeaaaaassssee I see absolutely nothing in the original post that is constructive to helping get the most out of FSX, just whining/bragging to another person online and being condescending towards the ACES team (and people that are enjoying FSX).Gotta run, got settings I need to dumb down...... Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest WrstNitmare

Well Rob aren't you special, I joined just to reply to you. How disrepectful and pompus can one get? Wait, your a great example. I have noticed your recent posts and read your post in this same forum by Phil Taylor from MSFT, and all I could do was shake my head in shame.You embarrass me. As a user of FS, as a member of Avsim, as a member of the FS community at large you embarrass me. Why would you care about what I have to say? After all I am just a sheep right? Well I could care less what you think of me. But its people like you that hinder progress, its people like you that whine and complain and when leaned on for help, assistance or productive input you are the first to crumble and fade into the corner. Or continue to bang your one drum louder and louder.You feel the need to be pompus and rude concerning your 'view' on FS and the community in general. You have to let eeeeveryone know how you feel, just to fuel your ego. Unfortunately, and I am happy to say this, the community is wising up to people like you, and will scold you for crap like this.This post may get removed or may have myself removed, but I am just glad to see the community fighting back, putting whiny pompus know-it-alls in there place.Have a great day!!Jared

Rob:I think you might of known the point you wished to convey, unfortunately your delivery is poor. I don't think that addressing members of this community as "sheep" is the way to go and most certainly greatly dimishes the effectiveness of ANY point you might have wished to make. I also doubt that Microsoft would take you seriously when you include 'BS' as a part of your argument.I would hazard a guess that you will find no one willing to jump on this bandwagon with you. At the end of the day, I pray that the powers that be, lock this thread...nothing good can come out of it.

What's worse is that this is coming from a software engineer.I have 6 software engineers that work for me and you know what? You actually sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Developers can "force" a project manager to go back to the stakeholders and tell them something will cost more and take longer? Are you serious with that comment? Please make me laugh and gag at the same time. That might work in a small company who hangs onto their developers for dear life, but have you ever worked in a large corporate environment on the scale of Microsoft?I assure you, even in a company 20 times smaller, no project manager gets sent back to the stakeholders by his development team to tell them "nope, we can't do it the way you want it". At best, the PM might suggest a longer time horizon and request a larger budget. Any apps development PM who plans to stay employed tries to work within the parameters that his business stakeholders set - that's all part of the software development lifecycle (the business requirements phase). The developers don't call the shots, the business stakeholders do. In a perfect world, perhaps the stakeholders listen to the advice and recommendations of the developers, but usually not enough to override a project plan and budget involving tens of millions of dollars for a flagship software title. Not usually, my friend.And yes, some project managers do have balls Rob, myself included.Hey, while you're busy writing strongly-worded letters, why don't you ask them for a job. Then we can all rest easy knowing that you can assure us a multi-threaded version of FSX next year.Right?GG

Guest KrazyIvan

>Tell me please, what is the difference if MS would have>decided a few years back and proceeded to revamp the code so>that the simulator would take advantage of Dual Core and Video>SLI?? I could only imagine all the others complaining - so now>I must go out and buy a Dual Core system and upgrade to>SLI???:-lolYou just can't win as a developer...some people just have to complain no matter what happens, and they're always right. The same people would have been burning up the AVSIM forums screaming that it was costing them $1500 to run their $70 software...not that they don't complain about this now.

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

Man, I just got so gooey reading your post GG - so directive, so strong so...mid-level managerial. ******* I'm ready let's go you crazy fool.

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

Whooops forgot to add...what a wierdo!

>Man, I just got so gooey reading your post GG - so directive,>so strong so...mid-level managerial. ******* I'm ready let's go>you crazy fool.LOL!Mid-level at its best.