Sign in to follow this  
Dead

Scenery Graphics from Airbus VC

Hello Everyone! 🙂

I am new to avsim and this is my first question over here...

In the FSX default Airbus a321 VIRTUAL COCKPIT(and Project Airbus a320 as well), outside scenery graphics are very poor, e.g., Runway textures and markings are hardly visible. I am attaching a screenshot also.

But when I switch to the 2-D Cockpit, everything is ok and perfectly visible, and again becomes worse back in the 3d VC.

If this is a 'Low setting' issue, then I must tell you, that in Boeing 737 VC outside scenery is charm. There is no such loss of Runway textures and Taxiway lines' quality.

I hope I made my point, screenshots will definitely clear my point.

3D-VC :

1UcEwwLVM4PfhMzcnL1Az9M0RuqJkhXq0=w1440-

2-D Cockpit:

1jQIXz3Hpv6Df5oafuE4X0SjMjLMPynmZ=w1440-

Boeing 737-800 Virtual Cockpit

1txhCNEDDr9fEg7Hfk8l7ec4fq98VuHdQ=w1440-

Links to pics are a no-go!  Is your FSX resolution set to what your Windows resolution is?

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanx for replying fast! 😃

Screenshots links

Airbus A321 VC : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UcEwwLVM4PfhMzcnL1Az9M0RuqJkhXq0/view?usp=sharing

Airbus A321 2D cockpit : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQIXz3Hpv6Df5oafuE4X0SjMjLMPynmZ/view?usp=sharing

Boeing 737-800 VC: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1txhCNEDDr9fEg7Hfk8l7ec4fq98VuHdQ/view?usp=sharing

No, my fsx Resolution is lower than windows resolution. Kinda low end pc...

But still this problem is only with Airbus and not Boeing... if resolution is a problem

Again, your screenshots don't work!  Make your FSX resolution match your Windows resolution and see the difference.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yeah, just try matching the resolutions and the report back please.

Oh and Welcome! to AVSIM. 🍻 The eye point position may well be different from the 737 to the A321 which might?? have an effect.

I've never flown the default airliners in FSX apart from a brief go in the Embraer - all my "big iron" is freeware or payware.

I've just noticed something in your screenshots - The 3D Airbus VC is at a different zoom level to the other two - the taxiway is much closer and the other giveaway is that you cannot see as many trees..

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I set the fsx resolution to 1440x900x16 which is my current windows resolution as well. But No success! 😔

I also tried changing the eyepoint position and zoom levels... No Change!

BUT!

I found a clue. I just loaded my a321 at Muscat airport (I get Double FPS at this airport due to desert area) and BAM! Markings are back (in the VC)!

Hence the problem is only at Heavy Airports. By 'Heavy', I mean Heavy on the system.

BTW Really appreciate your inputs guys!

• Like 1

OK I'm stumped! Good luck!:cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1440x900x16 ??    Shouldn't that be 1440x900x32  for 32 bit color?

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Welcome to Avsim and, yes, select 32-bit color in your resolution settings.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yes I changed it to 32-bit as well. No change 😖

I really hate flying from the 2D cockpit.

Is it really ONLY ME who's facing this issue in fsx?

I never saw anything bad outside of the cockpit in any FSX aircraft at any airport.  My now dead computer ran WinXP at 2 GHZ. with 2GB of memory.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Alright then Thanks everyone!

I had one small question (dont wanna start new topic for this)

I also have Project Airbus A320 merged with default VC (upgraded textures). But the all the 3 Flight computers remain turned off no matter I click them any number of times...

This issue is not in the default a321.

I know the problem is in panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg but could not figure out how to fix... If you guys can help...