Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Returning Simmer

Hi. My name is Gary. I am returning to the hobby after a 15 year absence. My last FS version before fsx steam was 2004 on Windows XP. I bought a new system at the end of June and now am using fsx steam and Flight Gear. After I add another 8 gig of ram I will treat myself to Xplane 11 for my birthday in November. I already have a number of add-ons. UT North America, Active Sky, F33 Bonanza, P210 turbo, TBM 850, B200 King Air, and several great Cessna piston twins. Just got Golden Eagle. Best of all. I plan on installing rxp GTN on the Golden Eagle. It will be my Go To cross country piston twin. I live in PA USA. Default field is Penn Valley KSEG about 15 air miles north along the beautiful Susquehanna.

8 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

Hi. My name is Gary. I am returning to the hobby after a 15 year absence. My last FS version before fsx steam was 2004 on Windows XP. I bought a new system at the end of June and now am using fsx steam and Flight Gear. After I add another 8 gig of ram I will treat myself to Xplane 11 for my birthday in November. I already have a number of add-ons. UT North America, Active Sky, F33 Bonanza, P210 turbo, TBM 850, B200 King Air, and several great Cessna piston twins. Just got Golden Eagle. Best of all. I plan on installing rxp GTN on the Golden Eagle. It will be my Go To cross country piston twin. I live in PA USA. Default field is Penn Valley KSEG about 15 air miles north along the beautiful Susquehanna.

Hi Gary,

Welcome to Avsim!

When you get the RXP GTN, contact me via PM.. I have some mods you may like..

Example:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=59072&title=flight1-gtn-750-in-tbm-850

(and yes, the RXP GTN works just fine)

If you fly the F33 a lot, you may also want my autopilot mods.. 🙂

On a separate note, you might also consider P3D instead of XP.. it would be an easier transition from FSX..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Thanks a lot. I sure will. Glad for any help and to also help others. It's a great, educational, and mind exercising hobby especially when you start planning DME Arcs and other IFR procedures.