Sign in to follow this  
Major 1

Free Japan update

How do I know if the Japan update has been installed? The reason I ask is that when I click to start game there is on the main page an option to view. it takes me to a page that says 'World Update Japan....Free,,Buy & Download,,or Buy.

I have Deluxe MSF and there was a big update when I last logged on but this page confuses me.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM7_g4zOLuVgPSq_f4-zHIR-jyBV8X-JRiCVUnG

Edited by Major 1

2 minutes ago, Major 1 said:

How do I know if the Japan update has been installed? The reason I ask is that when I click to start game there is on the main page an option to view. it takes me to a page that says 'World Update Japan....Free,,Buy & Download,,or Buy.

I have Deluxe MSF and there was a big update when I last logged on but this page confuses me.

Go to Marketplace and look for it in there.. it's either marked as buy cost free or owned.. if buy cost free then click on buy it and install it  if marked owned then you have it 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

25 minutes ago, Major 1 said:

This is what I get it just says free and not owned

Then you don't have it installed. If it is installed, you can also see that in Content Manager (filter on Japan).

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

As many users, it was not possible for me to click on "buy" (all was greyed). If you have that issue, you have to submit a request to Zemdesk (MSFS forum). They have a manual fix to restore your access to the marketplace's downloads.

Edited by danhenri

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition

There's also a "content manager" that lists everything that's installed in the sim.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

15 minutes ago, Major 1 said:

What should the file look like if I have the Japan free update in content manager?

Thanks

There should be a heap, the actual Japan Update and then a collection of Japan challenges, each with its own file.