Sign in to follow this  
Concorde79

Does anyone test the new patches at ASOBO ?!

14 hours ago, BigDee said:

Yes really.

Just tale a look at their wonderful Episode Aerodynamic series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw-opH4f8Qg

We have this one here, we have adapted that one, the physics are  more realistical now. Yes for sure.

Orrr... Asobo/MS is counting on add-on developers to produce the ‘geek/nerd planes’ that work as close to reality as is possible on a normal PC. ( Or put up their own profi planes !  I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if MS/Asobo put their own gold-standard birds with a premium price-tag attached on the ‘marketplace’ After all, nowadays it’s the micro transactions and other assorted marketing malarky in games that makes the ‘big’ money on the long run. )

As a marketing strategy none too bad, i’d say. Save Yourself the hassle and discontent of the obsessed purists, and instead deliver a foundation that can be built upon and leave the finer detailed planes ( more often than not Big Birds) for external parties, or an internal, specialized team that gets a bit more time (!)  than those that made the base game.

Me, personally, I am not interested in Airbus, Boeing and other flying buses. They bore me to tears. Feel too much like ‘work’. But I dó understand that the kind of fidelity the people with the expensive home-cockpits, the button-push enthousiasts and assorted purists demand, would hold back the release by months, maybe even longer. When did the super realistic/complex PMDG planes come out for FSX? That took quite some time, if I remember correctly.

The fact that there are some serious bugs ( say, an auto-pilot with a murderous Ai tucked inside.. ) and non-functional buttons with an explicit marker ‘not functional’ makes me suspect that Asobo was in a hurry, under pressure from the MS bean-counters, and thusly concentrated on the eye-candy. THAT is what sells a game. It’s just how it is.

The purists are a niche. They really are. Purdy pictures make the big sells, nòt extreme fidelity in flight models. (Guilty as charged. I even made some liveries for the FSX freeware turbo-beaver -found on this site- because I wanted something else to look at. However.. I have to admit I tweaked the flight-model somewhat to get a more realistic float-behaviour.. Gave up on it when the DX10 update hosed transparicies. Again, ‘eye-candy’  )

Edited by stefbuik