Sign in to follow this  
Concorde79

Does anyone test the new patches at ASOBO ?!

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

for those who have MFS (I don’t)

You really should give it a spin sometime Ray (even if it's just a test on Gamepass)...will give you a good baseline (either positive or negative) on installation, performance and the platform in general.

5 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

the problem has been the extent of the crude and childish responses from certain posters who presumably get a kick from insulting others, while adding nothing constructive.

No, this is not the problem. The problem is starting a post with inflammatory language, continuing with insults and distortions. 

There is a difference between: "Opening the VFR Map leads to a CTD on my PC. Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a workaround?"

And: "This sim is garbage, Asobo are this that and the other, etc. etc."

The former usually leads to a civil discussion, the latter to what we see in many threads here. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

It’s the downgrades in features that really bug me, and it’s something that will likely be kept in the interest of “performance” (even though I’ve had nothing but good performance all on Ultra since the beginning with an older 1080ti card)

...Not to mention the broken airplanes which now sadly include the only decently working plane before the patch, the TBM....

34 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

No, this is not the problem.

Sorry, it is. I have seen plenty of respectful posts by people with problems and they have been jumped on by the "crowd". Posts like "no one cares what you think" made recently in the forums. That is just one example - mockery being another.

Complaints of "negative" posts - are only "positive" posts allowed? People being branded trolls for raising issues they have - "don't feed the troll" being another one I witnessed from the "crowd".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

David Porrett

6 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

It’s the downgrades in features that really bug me, and it’s something that will likely be kept in the interest of “performance” (even though I’ve had nothing but good performance all on Ultra since the beginning with an older 1080ti card)

...Not to mention the broken airplanes which now sadly include the only decently working plane before the patch, the TBM....

obvously this is pure speculation on my part but I believe the downgrade we're seeing is because they need it to work well on the console although I hope I'm wrong about this.

Edited by Isaiah53six
  • Upvote 2

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

, I felt cheated, deceived, and taken advantage of.  Like most here

Dont think most people here feel that way unless you only choose to focus and all the ones that had posted frustration threads. Lots of us are also enjoying what we have so far . In my Humble opinion you should have said “like some here “ remember not all of us are taking this situation like is the end of the world. 

• Like 5

Image removed as image is no longer available.

It’s frustration that’s coming through. There are many frustrated users of this sim, for fair reason too. It’s how that frustration is presented that can make it either a useful discussion or just throwing fuel on the fire. If nothing else, talking about the issues gives others peace of mind that it is a bug and not just their system.

If we could have had the RTM sim with all the bug fixes Asobo has released to date, and the community mods to fill in some additional gaps, and NONE  of the fresh bugs those Asobo updates have introduced, we would be on track to a good place. So far it has been 1 step forward and two steps backwards. I am also frustrated, even disappointed but in no way do I regret buying this sim. I know it will get better.  It is however hard to stay enthusiastic about it when so many flights end up with one problem or another and even just the world passing by outside the window below looks so much worse that the RTM with its LOD and tall building issues.

Waiting 2-4 weeks for Asobo to fix the fresh bugs is too long but on the other hand, we know how their rushing fixes out has worked so far...

Stay strong, this too shall pass, we will have a MSFS you can “love”.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

25 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

Dont think most people here feel that way unless you only choose to focus and all the ones that had posted frustration threads. Lots of us are also enjoying what we have so far . In my Humble opinion you should have said “like some here “ remember not all of us are taking this situation like is the end of the world. 

Sorry, but I think you need to re-read my post:

"Personally, I felt cheated, deceived, and taken advantage of.  Like most here, I was anticipating a well developed, solid (not completely bug free) product..."

I started the first sentence with "Personally...". 

"Like most here" is attached to my second sentence. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

2 hours ago, DavidP said:

Sorry, it is. I have seen plenty of respectful posts by people with problems and they have been jumped on by the "crowd".

This post claims that Asobo is "incompetent". I'd hardly call that respectful. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Concorde79 said:

Seriously the new patch made the sim worse for me. It was working perfectly before with nice fps on my two year old rig. My favourite plane the TBM930 was flying perfectly without problems. I was doing a round the world with the TBM930 with 1/2 done and 100 hours logged.

Then comes the latest patch... broke my TBM930 with the doplhing dance wobble on autopilot, making it thus unflyable. Got two CTD's when I clicked the VFR map, that was working fine before. More stutters and random fps drops on todays test flight, before the patch I had a very smooth ride with no fps drops on high settings.

I have used my microsoft store for two months and I am not going to buy the complete game if ASOBO keeps breaking her every other patch.

I wish I could revert back to the previous patch but it seems impossible so I am not touching the sim until the next patch.

THANK YOU ASOBO FOR YOUR INCOMPETENCE IN "PATCHING" FS2020 ! Does anyone test the new patches at ASOBO at all ??

So why not apply to be a beta tester? You can sign up now on MSInsider.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

2 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

obvously this is pure speculation on my part but I believe the downgrade we're seeing is because they need it to work well on the console although I hope I'm wrong about this.

jeesss, i wish ppl would stay with facts, instead of sprouting fake facts.

no need for pure speculation at all. it usually amounts to rubbish.

8 hours ago, pmb said:

I can't deny several problems during MSFS beta testing weren't acknowledged. Any no doubt this its unfortunate.

However, to put things in perspective: I have been on the Prepar3d forum since 2012. There have been some issues reported over many years now (take the popping autogen and the morphing mesh only as examples) which no one from the developers cares to acknowledge -  and this is release version 5 now! .

I am not that intimate with X-Plane fora, but from what I keep hearing, it happens there as well.

Kind regards, Michael

Popping autogen, whilst annoying for some, doesn't prevent users from flying. CTDs do. I think if MFS was more stable there wouldn't be this number of complaints. Frustrating when developers don't fix things but maybe they don't see those as important as users.

8 hours ago, airlinejets said:

I believe someone mentioned that if you are not connected to the internet, it won't (can't) update. Re-connect to the internet once loaded. Again, this is not optimal, since we are not anywhere near a stable release. Once we're there, opt-in will be a good alternative.

As far as user error, it might be more hardware/software conflicts, there's a ton of things that can go wrong.

Disconnecting when starting the sim is a temporary workaround but doesn't help with the bugs of course. I suspect they will provide users with an option to update. That seems pretty important.

Personally, I was very surprised to hear MFS was being released after such a short beta phase. Alpha for 13 months and beta for a few weeks. Curious and not long enough to thoroughly test things.

4 hours ago, DylanM said:

You really should give it a spin sometime Ray (even if it's just a test on Gamepass)...will give you a good baseline (either positive or negative) on installation, performance and the platform in general.

I wouldn't consider it until it's a lot more stable. And until the SDK is finished and released there won't be any aircraft from PMDG or FS Labs. I fly almost exclusively IFR so I'd only use it as a low-level scenery admiring sim.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have had one CTD, and that was a couple of days ago, caused by the MAP bug, which I reported, Asobo responded straight away. Apart from that no problems at all, I have noticed that some addons, mainly scenery, cause slow downs i.e. loss of FPS. But once removed it was all fine. I have decided to stick to just Airport and livery addons for now, after seeing how quickly Asobo and Blackshark are updating the World. The A320 is performing really well and FlyByWire are constantly updating. It flys a route now with out missing a beat and most ILS landings including CAT3 all go according to plan. There is the odd airport where the glide slope is to high but that is slowly being fixed by Navigraph.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

4 hours ago, DavidP said:

Sorry, it is. I have seen plenty of respectful posts by people with problems and they have been jumped on by the "crowd". Posts like "no one cares what you think" made recently in the forums. That is just one example - mockery being another.

Complaints of "negative" posts - are only "positive" posts allowed? People being branded trolls for raising issues they have - "don't feed the troll" being another one I witnessed from the "crowd".

I thought here was of more mature people, but pointing out flaws and negative aspects of the new MSFS makes some people even report the post and immediately ones post gets jumped on by the crowd and even some say that they will put the people on their blacklist and wont listen to negative comments about their beloved sim which is really immature in my opinion. All opinions should be heard be them negative, neutral or positive and not immediately scold the poster and report the post because they dont like it..

I thought here you can discuss the new sim civilized with all opinions mattering but I guess I was wrong. Better just go back to reddit and flightsim. com

Edited by Concorde79

5 hours ago, DylanM said:

I recommend to wait. It's still in Beta. 

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2