Sign in to follow this  
Concorde79

Does anyone test the new patches at ASOBO ?!

At some point they'll have to reactive alpha testers (we're still under NDA) to test the patches because honestly they can't continue down this road.

And before anyone posts "well alpha testers didn't do much..blah blah" the alpha testers were never the issue. There was tons of reports, tons of post in the internal forums but unfortunately a lot of feedback fell on deaf ears for whatever reason.

14 minutes ago, Mark VII said:

...while just like the A/P is lame and pretty much arcade oriented.

There is nothing "arcade" about flying planes with an autopilot or FMC.  arcade guys don't like watching the plane fly itself.

It's simpler than you like, and not "study level"  That's all.

• Upvote 1

ASOBO was forced to release a product months before they planned, so I get it. I just did a flight in the 320. The autopilot did S-turns during descent, and the flare logic made me wing-scrape. During roll out I hit a tear in the runway mesh which launched me into the air and crashed my plane.

Normally I'd be frustrated - but the bad did not outweigh the good. The visuals were outstanding. The thunderstorms climbing out, the lighting, the sounds.

When ASOBO reaches their internal planned 1.0 version, this game will be magnificent.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Every customer, in reality, is testing all SPs for ASOBO since there's no option to delay updates. Maybe the delay for 30 days button needs to be added on load.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

There is nothing "arcade" about flying planes with an autopilot or FMC.  arcade guys don't like watching the plane fly itself.

It's simpler than you like, and not "study level"  That's all.

Well, if you read f.i. Westair post just here above you can understand what I mean, it’s not simple, it’s just totally broken.

6 hours ago, RobJC said:

I HATE THIS FLGHT SIM,  I HATE MSFS!

It's a flight sim game - not a spouse or politician.

Regards

bs

• Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

James, it isn't a case of hiding posts I personally don't like or punishing people whose posts I don't agree with. It's about posts that are antagonistic and do nothing to help the OP.

Help the OP do what, exactly?

• Like 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

25 minutes ago, Mark VII said:

Well, if you read f.i. Westair post just here above you can understand what I mean, it’s not simple, it’s just totally broken.

I suppose if I didn't use the sim myself, I would be inclined to take selected anecdotal reports to be the be all and end all.  However I do use the sim, a lot, and not just for GA VFR.  And I will be happy to confirm that it's buggy.  And simpler in complexity than Johnny Avsim likes.  "Totally broken" is just hater hyperbole.  I've had many more flights without incident, than I've had with issues, and given the vast improvement this sim offers in most areas both now and in future development, I'm happy to deal with the current situation.  YMMV

• Like 2

These kinds of post have the benefit of allowing simmers to vent.  They may look unhelpful but in the end give ASOBO an insight into what is bugging some so these types of posts DO have a plus side.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Why are people even using the vfr map with so many free alternatives? Seems like some of you guys love doing things the hard way 🤦🏿‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, bean_sprout said:

These kinds of post have the benefit of allowing simmers to vent.  They may look unhelpful but in the end give ASOBO an insight into what is bugging some so these types of post DO have a plus side.

Cheers

bs

I have zero issues with people posting whatever they like, pro or con.  I block nobody, and I report nobody.  Telling us we're not allowed to challenge posts, however, is over the line.  Nobody gets banned when they tell me "just don't buy it then, geez" when trying to make a point about PMDG's pricing and upgrade model, and nobody should.  nobody gets banned when they fill a positive msfs post with all sorts of anti-msfs stuff not even related to the subject.  on the other hand there has been some pretty reprehensible stuff that's been done by third party developers, and if you complain about that, the posts disappear entirely.  I'd like to know where and why the lines are drawn as they are.  In my view, if you post anything, you should be prepared to defend it if necessary.  That's how debate works.

• Like 1

Not everyone is a 'smart' poster and that  includes me.  Once I get the thread of I post I drop it and move on to another one.  If I see the 'F' word I'm outta there.

Cheers

bs

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Help the OP do what, exactly?

Have a discussion with fellow simmers who experience similar problems without the ‘noise’ of unhelpful posts that:-

1) advise uninstalling or deleting the program or

2) say ‘it works perfectly on my system, there must be something wrong with yours.”

Sadly, those are all too common.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

Why are people even using the vfr map with so many free alternatives? Seems like some of you guys love doing things the hard way 🤦🏿‍♂️

Why is anyone still trying to play this game if they are already frustrated and fed up with all the issues...?

Just go shelve it till next year and save yourselves the aggravation...  Although it still won't be totally bug free by next year at least when you come back you can enjoy it as it should have been released.

It's not like the more you play it the better it will get if you are having specific issues that prevent you from enjoying it (Whether it's the AP, the messed up terrain, the FMC, the weather... etc)!

I swear its like people who beat their heads against a wall on purpose!

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have a discussion with fellow simmers who experience similar problems without the ‘noise’ of unhelpful posts that:-

1) advise uninstalling or deleting the program or

2) say ‘it works perfectly on my system, there must be something wrong with yours.”

Sadly, those are all too common.

🤔

1) For me, finally just throwing my hands up, uninstalling and trying again has sometimes worked, especially when all else fails..... In fact, in another, earlier thread, my advice was not to bother updating, and to always reinstall.

2) I would say that knowing a function is working correctly on some (or the preponderance of) other peoples systems would be valuable information to have.

To me its unfortunate that in many problem posts, the absolute last thing people suspect is their own systems.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5