Sign in to follow this  
Concorde79

Does anyone test the new patches at ASOBO ?!

I think the subject of the lack of any kind of regression testing by Asobo can be put to bed, as they openly admitted it. They really need to put the new testing plan in place for a selected and experienced group of beta testers for everything that comes through the dev pipe. I'm sure they were in the major panic mode post retail release and tried to fix as many things as they could, so the community didn't eat them alive. Need some more internal organization imo.

Edited by Drumcode
  • Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

It might not be Asobo's fault. MS pays their salaries and decides what and what not has to be done. 
I strongly suspect that it is MS that is to blame for the too early realease, and the resulting mess.

• Like 1

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Tahts true, but i feel like those kind of threads are taking over, it reduce the visibilty of other actualy usueful posts.

By the way, at the risk of sounding stupid, i see RTM everywhere these days. What does it stand for? 😄

HI Leprechaunlive...it means (R)elease (T)o (M)arket.  The original version of any software that was put on for sale to the market.

3 minutes ago, dilore said:

I strongly suspect that it is MS that is to blame for the too early realease, and the resulting mess.

Very likely so, but I think it's time to stop crying over the spilled milk and get to work to produce productive and satisfactory results for the community. The next few weeks should be key, there should be an introduction of properly tested hotfixes and quick delivery of these in a smaller scope, patches and the world updates. 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Give it time people.  They've done a phenomenal job w/ the entire package and clearly are learning this phase of the release sequence and where to improve.  I've yet to have any meaningful problems now 80Gb of flight time into it flying mostly the T930.  I initially saw some porpoising out of nowhere in it after Patch 3, but since that first flight it's back to normal again, go figure.  I think the real mystery is why is it that some folks aren't struggling and others are.  Be sure to delete and rebuild the rolling cache if you're having scenery problems I'm certainly not.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I am - and will stay - an avid supporter of MSFS, which is my dream of flightsimming coming true. However, the latest patch carries a number of errors which are just intolerable: The VFR map CTD, the high-rises in suburbs, the occasional "missed start in the air" without a cockpit and controls (which I reported to Zendesk and was confirmed by others.), and the TBM AP wobbling.

Unfortunately, threads like this attract all haters who see a chance for bashing MSFS just to draw users (and addon-makers) to "their" sim. On this occasion it's worth reminding I've seen enough toxic patches with even trivial errors in other sims over the years as well.

Nonetheless, no doubt Asobo/MS must qualify their pre-release testing if they want to stay credible. I still don't get why they don't implement a beta branch where you can opt in/out, as many other games do.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Today I have tested the TBM930 on different weather conditions etc. with climbing to 31,000 feet and then landing. Last time had horizontal wobble of the wings when I turned on the AP after takeoff and it continued until I reached 31,000 feet and the dolphing dance started. This happened on my three different tests today. Only way to make it stop was tu turn off autopilot. This did not happen before the latest patch so I can fairly say ASOBOs new patch broke my TBM930. I have got no mods and running the vanilla sim. This time I dared not to touch the VFR map button in fear of CTD.

I have used the xbox game pass beta subscription to test the sim, but now I think I will not buy the full version because of every other new patch breaking the sim.

I have flown and liked the sim for quite alot with just over 100 hours logged in as of now.

I am not going to support companies that rush out patches making two steps forward, one step back movement every second week...

And yes I have flown flight sims since FS1.

Edited by Concorde79

40 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Very likely so, but I think it's time to stop crying over the spilled milk and get to work to produce productive and satisfactory results for the community. The next few weeks should be key, there should be an introduction of properly tested hotfixes and quick delivery of these in a smaller scope, patches and the world updates. 

Do agree - the community (the constructive ones anyway, and surprisingly so on the official forums) have complied a set of accurate use cases which should help with unit and regression testing.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, pmb said:

Unfortunately, threads like this attract all haters who see a chance for bashing MSFS just to draw users (and addon-makers) to "their" sim.

They do like the sound of an echo chamber don't they...as Ray suggested, we're getting quite good at ignore and move on.

30 minutes ago, pmb said:

VFR map CTD, the high-rises in suburbs

At least for these two, the community have found a work around.

34 minutes ago, pmb said:

I still don't get why they don't implement a beta branch where you can opt in/out

That has been suggested and hopefully, they'll follow the advice. However, in order for this to work, they need a stable version first. Here's hoping the next patch will be stable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Different problems are being reported. What do you suggest? As soon as one person reports a problem after a patch no further posts on different things not working correctly should be made?

How would that help potential customers make a decision whether the product was worth buying or not? As I said earlier, if the topic is of no interest to you move on to the next one. You also have the option to 'ignore' any members whose posts you find irritating. Doesn't work for staff and moderators I'm afraid. 😁

These posts pointing out the problems with MSFS, but could be for any product, are important and should be allowed.  I do not own MSFS, but  have been following both the good and bad posts to make a decision on whether to purchase or not.  Retired and on a fixed income, this is a major purchase for me. Looking at about $100 to $190 Canadian for the flight sim depending on the version, starting over with various add-ons costing hundreds of $$$. I would also need a new SSD costing about $150 Canadian, because I have only room for one sim, and MSFS in its current state is not going to be that sim, it would be the a second sim along with my existing sim.  The other main reason, I finally got my current sim dialed in and running very well.  With MSFS, every time I see a problem reported, I see a reply you can download this fixed or do this or that. After about 30 years of tweaking, modifying and downloading fixes for various sims, I just want to fly for a while.

These post are very important to me, and hopefully be allowed for a long time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Sorry if your seeing a double post from me, not sure what happen. Did delete it.

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

This post may be off topic, but........I have never ignored or reported another forum member in the entire 19 years that I have been here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png