Sign in to follow this  
SG1999

Blurry runway lights

Hey guys,

Not a huge issue but is anyone else getting quite blurry lights on the runway? I'm running across three screens so wondering if this is distorting things - although doing the same in xplane and they're a lot crisper.

Capture.png

There's your problem, you are running 3 screens at a guess you are running it at 5760x1080. FS2020 isn't optimized for multiple monitors yet.

“Flying should not be a journey to the destination with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved Aircraft,

but rather to skid sideways in a cloud of smoke down the runway, engines on fire, passengers screaming, physically worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! That was one hell of a Ride and we're on Schedule!”

Same setup with 3 screens and same observation. Except it’s not only runway light but all light in the distance. Night flying is not very pleasant compared to Prepar3d.

Also this is also in the direct line of view so i dont think its distorsions. Maybe others with 1080 vertical resolution notice this ?

I did try all setup variation I can think of but no improvement.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

I am running a super Ultra-wide monitor @ 5120 x 1440 and I also have blurry lights at night (all lights are blurry, not just runways).  I actually thought that was just how it was in the sim but have seen a couple reports about it being a problem with multi screen and some widescreens...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Seems like a bug - while scenery is adapting to resolution changes, the lights are not. Seems like the lights work always under 1920x1080 resolution.

I tried to change every imaginable graphics option: DoF, bloom, render scaling, ambient occlusion - the issue reamains. I wonder if this applies to ultrawide (e.g. 5900x1080) resolutions only or to 4k as well (I don't have 4k display to check).

The issue is not related to apparent "stretching" on the far edges on the side displays, the light are blurry even on the centre of the centre screen.

nVidia GTS 1070Ti with nVidia surround 455.56 driver

The higher the resolution the issue is more visible:

The display from the centre screen, with the crop area for the subsequent pictures depicted 1920x1080, no screenshot scaling, high quality jpg:

1920x1080-windowed-crop-area.jpg

The cropped area, 1920x1080, no screenshot scaling, high quality jpg - lights are sharp:

1920x1080-windowed-crop.jpg

The cropped area, 3840x960 (two displays, nVidia surround) no screenshot scaling, high quality jpg - lights moderately blurry:

3840x960-windowed-crop.jpg

The cropped area, 5900x1080 (three displays, nVidia surround) no screenshot scaling, high quality jpg - lights extremely blurry:

5900x1080-full-screen-render-scaling-100

Edited by Steku
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Steku said:

The cropped area, 5900x1080 (three displays, nVidia surround) no screenshot scaling, high quality jpg - lights extremely blurry:

Yup...all my lights look like pic #3.  Interesting....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

According to the users of the official Flight Simulator forums, the blurry lights issue is not related only to ultra wide resolutions (e. g. 5900x1080) but affects all resolutions above 1920x1080, including 4k. The higher the resolution, the more blurry the lights are. 

Scenery objects remain sharp (check the structures at the right bottom corner of the screen shots I posted above), only the lights become blurry when the resoultion increases. 

Edited by Steku
  • Like 1

Thanks for responding guys - can confirm I can replicate the above - one monitor only has sharp lights and the further Nvidia Surround is used the more blurry the lights are.

Thanks for responding guys - can confirm I can replicate the above - one monitor only has sharp lights and the further Nvidia Surround is used the more blurry the lights are. I always wondered why the load screen when starting looked stretched...now when running in one screen it looks good!

And as a final example - image 1 is taken running FS 2020 on one monitor, then image 2 is when its stretched across three. Might help someone who thinks the sim runs normally with the blurred lights and actually using only one monitor vastly improves the experience...Capture10.png

Capture11.png

Found this on the official forum. Consider voting for this issue if you are running a high res monitor:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blurry-lights-on-ultra-wide-4k-resolutions/294096

I really expect this to be fixed without the voting, but some extra attention can't hurt.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

On 10/4/2020 at 11:25 AM, Steku said:

According to the users of the official Flight Simulator forums, the blurry lights issue is not related only to ultra wide resolutions (e. g. 5900x1080) but affects all resolutions above 1920x1080, including 4k. The higher the resolution, the more blurry the lights are. 

This is definitely true. I play in 4K with ultra presets and the runway lights are especially big and blurry. This issue needs to be brought up to Asobo so that the lights can dynamically size according to the user's resolution. The lights are clearly optimize for 1920x1080 display, but not everyone is playing at that resolution. Has anyone submitted this to zendesk yet?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I will submit a ticket now.

Edit: Done

Edited by espent
  • Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 minutes ago, espent said:

I will submit a ticket now.

Thank you for this!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Same issue here, I also posted on the FS site.

I too am having the same issue with a new Samsung 49" ultrawide.

New Samsung 49" ODYSSEY G9 Gaming Monitor LC49G97TSSNXDC (5120x1440) with Latest firmware update
NVIDIA 1080 Ti, with control panel settings under program at recommended values. HDR “on”, 120 Hz refresh rate and Nvidia G-Sync “on”, Nvidia color depth settings at 8 bpc
2020 graphics settings at high end and ultra
I7-4790 @ 4.7ghz

As a note, my earlier 43" 4K Samsung monitor was crystal clear, but the refresh rate was 60hz, really had no problem with the monitor except it all of a sudden it quit working.