Sign in to follow this  
AmeliaCat

USA UPDATE anyone have the details ?

I ve downloaded new patch and expected some sort of USA Splash screen or USA tour in the UI but its still JAPAN..

on the main menu there is an icon that says NEW for the world map but what its saying is new I have no idea..

So did they actually do anything?  Its kinda odd they haven't pointed out int he game what the updated parts are.. we are supposed to fly aound the whole county and guess ?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

World Update 2 (USA) hasn't yet been released. It's not on the Development Roadmap as of the October 8th update.

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

2 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

So did they actually do anything?  Its kinda odd they haven't pointed out int he game what the updated parts are.. we are supposed to fly aound the whole county and guess ?

Seems so, perhaps it's one of the new Missions, first person to spot 10 changes gets a medal.

Had a quick look at the USA in a few areas I've been before, (San diego, Portland and up around some of the great lakes but I didn't notice anything different so far.

2 minutes ago, samcan said:

World Update 2 (USA) hasn't yet been released. It's not on the Development Roadmap as of the October 8th update.

HUH  Either alot of os are bad at reading or Microsoft is making this really confusing.. as far as updates etc etc.. ok guess ill just be happy with what ever they fixed

Yeah I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere that the USA update was with patch 4 but I can't remember where I saw it.

5 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

HUH  Either alot of os are bad at reading or Microsoft is making this really confusing.. as far as updates etc etc.. ok guess ill just be happy with what ever they fixed

Well, I mean, this could be interpreted as that (emphasis mine)—from the October 8th development update:

The Patch is set to release October 13th. Here is a brief overview of what’s coming. Full patch notes will be posted once the patch is live.

• Bug fixes (VFR Map, Avionics black screen, etc.)
  • Navigation data updates
  • UI updates
  • Aerodynamics updates
  • Activity updates
  • Marketplace updates
  • World updates

But looking at the development roadmap graphic from the same update, it doesn't show any World Updates through November. I figure they would update when it's closer to release?

Edit: I'll go watch the developer video and see if they say. Maybe they did give the impression that it would be released today!

Edited by samcan

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

YAh I wonder if the updates to the scenery and buildings and turning off MP in the Tour of Japan is what they meant by WORLD UPDATE,,,  geeexh I was all excited for better Grand Canyon and Monument Valley etc etc etc..

From the sources i've read, USA update was NEVER going to be today. Patch and world update are 2 very different things. And did you really think that 2gigs were gonna cover your US world update. My guess is free up at least 15gigs for that.

So I just listened to the portion of the 9/30 developer Q&A video on YouTube where they announced the USA world update. They said it would be "later this year" and that world updates would be "every 2–3 months." I imagine the "world updates" mentioned in the 10/8 development update was just referring to general fixes and updates in the world, not a comprehensive world update like the Japan update was and (hopefully) the USA update will be.

1 minute ago, samcan said:

So I just listened to the portion of the 9/30 developer Q&A video on YouTube where they announced the USA world update. They said it would be "later this year" and that world updates would be "every 2–3 months." I imagine the "world updates" mentioned in the 10/8 development update was just referring to general fixes and updates in the world, not a comprehensive world update like the Japan update was and (hopefully) the USA update will be.

Makes sense thanks for doing some research.  Seems I have some Win 10 culmative updataes to do today as well hopefully this doenst break anything..lol 

9 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

From the sources i've read, USA update was NEVER going to be today. Patch and world update are 2 very different things. And did you really think that 2gigs were gonna cover your US world update. My guess is free up at least 15gigs for that.

The world updates (scenery at least ) are not stored on your PC they are streamed in as you fly, most of the data for the world updates will be on the servers and therefore not part of the patch/update download.

10 minutes ago, samcan said:

There were updates to the files for San Fran (I think it was) and Heathrow in this patch and they also took a new download from NavBlue  which I guess could have been deemed World Updates.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

10 minutes ago, Blat14 said:

The world updates (scenery at least ) are not stored on your PC they are streamed in as you fly, most of the data for the world updates will be on the servers and therefore not part of the patch/update download.

Wich is why the Japan update was 12Gigs....