Sign in to follow this  
Eclex

REX Weather force not working

1 hour ago, timest said:

Wayne, did you uninstall the previous and install the newest as admin? Also, what is the version number of WF?

Hi

I did uninstall and install the latest version but I did not run as admin, that may be my issue as I am definently on the latest version, I'll go back and reinstall as admin, thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 hours ago, timest said:

Wayne, did you uninstall the previous and install the newest as admin? Also, what is the version number of WF?

Well I did reinstall and run as admin but major issues for me. In the c172 glass. I'm on the runway and once I start rolling I get the correct temp and winds,if I climb to 2500 i might get the right temp and winds but usually I have to set the Sim back to clear skies the fly and re sync rex

If I climb to 5000 it won't change from 2500 to 5000 temp and winds aloft unless I set the clear skies on the fly and re sync and it may work so after doing that I climb to 10000 and once again it does not update winds and temp unless I force it then I fly along for a while and watch the temp go from 3 back up to 13 from the lower level and the winds revert back to the lower level

If I go back to live weather in the Sim it's close to the Rex metar, pity I really like the Rex app but just refuses to work for me,guess I'll have another look at the next update, I am on the latest ending in 29,cheers

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

3 hours ago, timest said:

Think I'll just play around a bit more and see if I can find what exactly is happening as sometimes it works but then just goes pear shaped

Wayne such

3 hours ago, timest said:

Hi Reed 

Re the issues I have been having it is working now but I do have a couple of questions or suggestions, there is a very narrow margin when you reach your cruise altitude and I suppose it's also based on the QNH your using,case in point I'm currently cruising at 10100 feet and my winds aloft and temps match the weather force metar, if I start to descent even down to 10k my winds and temps immediately drop back to 5k so my question is how do we know the correct QNH to avoid the immediate change should we deviate even slightly from the winds aloft cruise altitude

Also is it possible to apply interpolation between the levels in a future patch, it may be a limitation of the Sim due to the unfinished SDK but it is not desirable to have exactly the same winds leaving 5 K until you are at 10k especially the temp which on tonight's flight remained at 14 all the way up to 10k then started to slowly reset to 5 Celcius

I think we badly need some kind of interpolation so we may see changing winds and temp as we climb and descend rather than instant changes triggered by hard limits, I have tried all settings in the Rex app but same behavior. It's flawless once your at that level as long as you stay at the level almost exactly

Thanks

Wayne

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Not working for me either, I unistalled the previous and reinstalled the new update (as admin) and ran the program as admin too, but the sim is unaffected, WF reads a pressure of 30.00 but hitting b in the plane has it remaining at the default 29.92 so it's quite apparent that the injection has not worked.

WF version is reading as 6.0.2020.1029

6 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Re the issues I have been having it is working now

Would you share the steps that were successful for you?  Weather Force was working well for me before the recent MFS update and the subsequent WF update.

For the Weather Force update last night  I uninstalled WF before downloading the update and installed it from scratch with the DL manager.  For the flight I took today I received accurate altimeter and winds aloft, but most other weather was way off.  ATIS at my departure airport was reporting winds from an inaccurate direction at an incredible speed of 45 knots.  ATIS of various airports enroute reported accurate pressure readings but all also reported extreme surface winds.  Winds at my destination were reported at 54 knots.  Current metars showed winds at 7 knots. 

Also, that destination of KMTV, Martinsville, Va., had been reporting a 500 ft overcast all morning, as did the metar that was current when I landed.  Skies were clear when I arrived.  I did encounter some occasional cloud layers enroute that seemed accurate per satellite map images, but the coverage during my flight was significantly lower than the satellite depictions.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Would you share the steps that were successful for you?  Weather Force was working well for me before the recent MFS update and the subsequent WF update.

For the Weather Force update last night  I uninstalled WF before downloading the update and installed it from scratch with the DL manager.  For the flight I took today I received accurate altimeter and winds aloft, but most other weather was way off.  ATIS at my departure airport was reporting winds from an inaccurate direction at an incredible speed of 45 knots.  ATIS of various airports enroute reported accurate pressure readings but all also reported extreme surface winds.  Winds at my destination were reported at 54 knots.  Current metars showed winds at 7 knots. 

Also, that destination of KMTV, Martinsville, Va., had been reporting a 500 ft overcast all morning, as did the metar that was current when I landed.  Skies were clear when I arrived.  I did encounter some occasional cloud layers enroute that seemed accurate per satellite map images, but the coverage during my flight was significantly lower than the satellite depictions.

I have not tested thoroughly but from limited testing I am seeing correct winds aloft and temps it's just very limited in how it presents it and I see no interpolation between cruise levels

Wayne such

47 minutes ago, Avian said:

Not working for me either, I unistalled the previous and reinstalled the new update (as admin) and ran the program as admin too, but the sim is unaffected, WF reads a pressure of 30.00 but hitting b in the plane has it remaining at the default 29.92 so it's quite apparent that the injection has not worked.

WF version is reading as 6.0.2020.1029

Same here always 29.92

Wayne such

2 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Same here always 29.92

May be the simulator setting altimeter for >18,000 altitude when you press B.

What do your ATIS/AWOS broadcasts report for weather?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

23 minutes ago, fppilot said:

May be the simulator setting altimeter for >18,000 altitude when you press B.

What do your ATIS/AWOS broadcasts report for weather?

I'm beginning to wonder if air pressure in the Sim is just not modelled correctly hence the issues the QNH in rex but have some more testing to do

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Second attempt all seems to be working apart from the pressure reading, still at 29.92, but this could be the sim, so far in the Beech King Air (only plane I have tried as yet) there seems to be an anomaly, is has an adjustment for the baro on the secondary display (mini panel console top centre) when I make an adjustment, the mini panel alt changes as does the pressure reading, but the pressure reading in the main MFD remains at 29.92, I cannot find an alternative adjustment for that guage so assume it should alter with the mini panel. Hence I am suspicious of the sim.

Further into the flight b suddenly had the desired effect and the pressure reading jumped to 30.06, I hope that means things are now working, only time will tell

Edited by Avian
New situation

I uninstalled and reinstalled and am now getting representative live weather as I sit on the tarmac.  I do find that I need to wait until after clicking Fly Now in the sim before starting Live Synthesis in WeatherForce.  In regard to pressure, If I set the altimeter to the 30.09 reported by ATIS, and then subsequently press B, the pressure resets to standard pressure of 29.92.  When I fly I never use the B key anyway.  I normally just tune in ATIS/AWOS stations along my route to get updated altimeter settings.  I use the FltPlan Go app on my iPad to look those up.

Speaking of ATIS/AWOS.  I am noticing that the reported wind, temp, dew point, and altimeter are all spot on with live weather and WeatherForce.  However cloud layers/ceiling, visibility, and precip are always Clear, 9 miles, and no report of precip.  Can WeatherForce not overcome those MSFS ATIS issues?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

With regard to the pressure I am finding that at ground level the standard 29.92 is constant, but once you reach some altitude (not sure what the base is) then pressing b does set the altimeter to the correct reading, so it seems that somehow the ground level pressure is not being affected, or something like that. Everything else seems to be working OK so far.

So far WF 2020 seems to be working but the METAR data is running  a bit behind from what im noticing today. KPDX-KSAN. about 90 mins behind on average. I have it set to check every 10 mins.

UPS123.png

I just go an update. Seems works great!

Altimeter on the ground starts at 29.92, but as soon as  move aircraft few feet it sets to METAR as expected

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI