Sign in to follow this  
aznricepuff

WorkingTitle G3000 mod v0.2.0 PRE-release 1

if we are using mods like the xcub performance by bushlegends, that comes with a custom g3000 mod, do we have to deactivate it, right? only having the "official" g1000 and 3000 working titles, right?

The XCub has a G3X Touch, not a G3000.  They're similar systems but use almost completely different code.  I am fairly certain that they'll be compatible, given what I recall of what's changed in each, but since they're both in pre-release state and haven't been fully verified side by side it's possible there could be some conflict that hasn't been identified.  I'm pretty sure you'll be good though.

What is the official Garmin panel (in our sim) in the King Air 350i, TBM 930 and in the Longitude?  I know they are all different, but, I don't think I ever saw anything written down that says what they are.  

Will these 3 planes all use the Enhanced 3000 (or whatever the titles ends ups being)?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

12 minutes ago, raymar said:

What is the official Garmin panel (in our sim) in the King Air 350i, TBM 930 and in the Longitude?

King Air uses G3X. TBM uses G3000. Longitude has a "G5000" but really it just reuses the G3000 code. Right now the G3000 mod only changes the TBM. Longitude support is tentatively scheduled for a future release - no ETA as of yet.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, raymar said:

What is the official Garmin panel (in our sim) in the King Air 350i, TBM 930 and in the Longitude?

I just had a peak at their configurations to confirm each.   If not in "reality" what they have in code is:

• King Air:  two G3X Touch
  • Longitude: AS3000 with vertical TSC
  • TBM: AS3000 with horizontal TSC

Edited by kaosfere

I do hope you guys are able to upgrade the Longitude. It is presently not very close to reality in many ways, but, fortunately the potential is there for the team.

1 minute ago, kaosfere said:

I just had a peak at their configurations to confirm each.   If not in "reality" what they have in code is:

• King Air:  two G3X Touch
  • Longitude: AS3000 with vertical TSC
  • TBM: AS3000 with horizontal TSC

Can you explain the difference in the AS3000 vertical TSC (what is TSC, again?) and horizontal TSC? 

Just now, raymar said:

Can you explain the difference in the AS3000 vertical TSC (what is TSC, again?) and horizontal TSC?

TSC = touchscreen. Basically the TBM has horizontally-oriented touchscreens (long axis horizontal) while the Longitude has vertically oriented touchscreens (long axis vertical). This one difference is the only reason why the g3000 mod isn't compatible with Longitude (yet), because all the menu layouts have to be redone for the vertical TSC.

Thanks for the supersonic reply. The acronyms get me every time.  The only one I remember is BOHICA.

bend over here it comes again 🙃

• Like 2

Installed the latest mod, awesome work!  Just one question:

- How is PFD/MFD screen brightness adjusted?  Are we still supposed to remark out or delete the five <USE_STATIC_SCREEN_EMISSIVE/> entries in the TBM930 interior.xml?

Thank you.

Rob

Edited by HUSSAR

\Robert Hamlich/

1 hour ago, HUSSAR said:

How is PFD/MFD screen brightness adjusted?  Are we still supposed to remark out or delete the five <USE_STATIC_SCREEN_EMISSIVE/> entries in the TBM930 interior.xml?

Use the touchscreens, go to MFD Home, Aircraft Systems, Lighting Config. No need to change anything in interior.xml.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aznricepuff said:

Use the touchscreens, go to MFD Home, Aircraft Systems, Lighting Config. No need to change anything in interior.xml.

Great!  Thank you for that, I love the fact that settings are saved between sessions.

\Robert Hamlich/