Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Zendesk issues marked as "Solved" ?

12 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I’m hardly an Asobo basher, but that is definitely an, uh, idiosyncratic use of the word “solved”...

Remember, they are French....

No need for conspiracies, when simpler explanations are at hand.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

35 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Remember, they are French....

No need for conspiracies, when simpler explanations are at hand.

No one mentioned a conspiracy. It's a marketing ploy, but what is your simpler explanation. Are you suggesting the French are illiterate, or incapable of understanding the meaning of the word solved?  Remember, most of their communications are in perfectly understandable english, so it doesn't look like a language problem. 

John B

18 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

Remember, most of their communications are in perfectly understandable english, so it doesn't look like a language problem. 

Not necessarily. There has been more than a bit of fun poked at their misspellings and sometimes odd grammar in forum postings. And once again, when something simpler is possible you choose the more provocative course, suggesting now I that think French people are illiterate.

Not true, but I do think this forum is full of..... interesting people.

How about this: Make your concerns about their use of language on this issue known on the appropriate forum or via zendesk, by politely explaining that it may be causing misunderstandings, and find out how they respond.

Or, you can make negative speculations here, and accomplish not a darn thing.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That's great my 2 Zendesk complaints about lightning in clear skies and inability to reload weather in saved flight files are both marked "SOLVED" when they most certainly arent solved. Not even an acknowledgement that they're being looked into

LOL, I am going to use this term "solved" the next time my boss comes to me and says, "hey, this issue needs to be fixed".

I will email him back saying, "it's solved"...oh, the fun I will have when he learns "solved" doesn't mean what he thinks it means... 🙂

Sometimes I think Aboso just makes things more complicated than it needs to be, and in the end could causing more issues for them. They can't they have zendesk use the term "already reported" or "ok, thanks, we'll investigate" instead of "solved"? Weird, I think.

How many people (I guess they could/should) read the "fine print"? 

• Like 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

12 hours ago, SlowFlyer said:

LOL, I am going to use this term "solved" the next time my boss comes to me and says, "hey, this issue needs to be fixed".

Hey, this approach has worked for Dilbert.

• Upvote 1