Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Garmin freezing up after patch 1.9.5

10 minutes ago, PapaRomeo said:

I don't use mods, but simulator still freezes/crashes.

These are two different issues:

1) Garmins freezing up

2) CTDs when using Garmins

Not (yet) sure if and how these two issues are related. 

I have logged around 70 hours in this sim in total in different aircraft according to the logbook. Never a single CTD, not even one, just these annoying bugs with avionics that don’t seem to go away. These are not pc issues, they are software coding issues. Can’t say whether it is Asobo or the mods yet. I will try again without the G3000 pre release 2 later.....

it might even be that Asobo AI aircraft leaking bug is not 100% fixed.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

The PFD freezing issue started after the previous update (not the one that just came out). It is not resolved by the latest update. I get this and I have zero mods and no files in my community folder. There seems to be some consensus (reading forum entries) that the freeze occurs on the first approach leg. It stays frozen until you reach the next waypoint. Some have said that you can unfreeze it by deleting the previous waypoint from the flight plan. I haven't had a chance to verify this myself. The plane continues to function normally and the secondary gauges continue to work. I mainly fly the 172 g1000 and the TBM. They both lock up in similar fashion and then unfreeze when getting to new waypoint. From the forums, it sounds like it is happening on all the Garmins. Very annoying. I have not seen Asobo mention this yet as something they are aware of, that doesn't mean that they are not. Who knows though.

3 hours ago, jschaper said:

For me, removing the working title g3000 mod fixed the issue. They do not play well together it seems.

As I mentioned above, I froze up the MFD in the PROC pages and the rest of the MFD stopped as well.  I could page within the PROC function, but could not exit it.  The AP either continued working or at least reset when I cycled the master avionics switch, but the MFD stayed in the locked up state.  Was flying the G58 Baron.  I did have to turn the AP back on and reestablish AP functions after cycling the avionics switch.  I was able to manage the rest of my flight plan and approach with those functions of the PFD.

I was using G1000 v0.3.1 and I had the G3000 mod in place as well.  I have no G58 mods or liveries.  I have now removed the G3000 mod but have not flown again.  Likely not a factor, but I also have a pms50-gns530 mod in place.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

38 minutes ago, rjquick said:

There seems to be some consensus (reading forum entries) that the freeze occurs on the first approach leg.

For me this was not the case. I was only 30 mins into a 2 hour flight on a IFR flat plan using low altitude VOR routing option that the sim gave me. I was no where near IAF or first approach leg.

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

47 minutes ago, rjquick said:

There seems to be some consensus (reading forum entries) that the freeze occurs on the first approach leg.

Not from me.  I was nearing the end of the first hour of a three hour flight.  Had a long way to go.  However I was in the PROC pages of the MFD when it happened as I was checking to see if the database contained the RNAV approaches for the airport I was heading to.  I had then loaded an approach, but had not activated it.   At least three airports I have flown to so far in MFS have lacked some of the published approaches.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, rjquick said:

Some have said that you can unfreeze it by deleting the previous waypoint from the flight plan.

I just noticed this as well.  I got stuck in the two or three pages in the MFD PROC functions.  Though I could page there, I could not complete any functions. No way to do anything in the flight plan pages as I could not even get to those pages.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

16 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I just noticed this as well.  I got stuck in the two or three pages in the MFD PROC functions.  Though I could page there, I could not complete any functions. No way to do anything in the flight plan pages as I could not even get to those pages.

Interesting. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if there was some way to get it to refresh. It doesn't really look like there is any reliable way to do that outside of waiting it out. I plan on doing some experimenting with it tomorrow. I really hope they get this nasty bug fixed in the next update.

Edited by rjquick
typo

I think I was nearing Final, Using the Garmins.
I have no mods installed.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Update from me, flew the Turbo G36 V2 with the G1000 mod V0.3.1. on a south to north route across the UK. 1:50 flight time and all systems behaved perfectly. I repeatedly went into the flight plan and PROC pages but did not make edits. This time all worked seamlessly including an approach procedure with ILS.

So this seems rather intermitttent.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

I neglected to point out another characteristic that seems to precede the freezing.  When with the MFD I go to enter a new interim waypoint into a loaded flight plan, once I have dialed in the identifier for the waypoint and click the ENT button, there is a considerable delay until the code is accepted and entered, or until I am prompted to choose from among duplicates.  Once I choose from among the duplicates and press ENT, there is another considerable delay before it appears in the flight plan.  I do not recall these delays prior to this latest version of the mod.  Subsequent G1000 MFD operations seem sluggish after I notice this issue, and the effect may be cumulative, leading to the freeze.

The PFD does not appear to be affected.  When editing in a new waypoint in the PFD there is a short delay as it looks up and identifies duplicates, but inserts the selection immediately once selected.  No sluggishness. 

I recommend for time being that all flight plan and PROC edits be made with the PFD.  (for PIC's that is the display on the left, LOL)

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

9 hours ago, fppilot said:

I neglected to point out another characteristic that seems to precede the freezing.

Perhaps mention this on their github page so that Kaosfere (developer) can take a look. It might of course not be a bug in the Working Title mod but that team will be able to investigate and confirm.

GregH

6 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Perhaps mention this on their github page so that Kaosfere (developer) can take a look. It might of course not be a bug in the Working Title mod but that team will be able to investigate and confirm.

Done.  Thanks.  I added it to a relevant topic about this that is already under discussion there.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Are you using any G1000 mods at all?  And interesting two of you report the issue with the PFD.  The issues I am seeing are with the MFD, but with the latest Working Title G1000 mod.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS