GilYoder

User Waypoints

I'm glad to see that you have started to implement VFR routes into P2A, but I'd like to mention a problem that I am having with the feature related to user defined waypoints.

One issue that I have is that P2A does not export user defined waypoints when it creates an PLN file for MSFS. Neither does it import user defined waypoints correctly. This means if I create a VFR flight in either P2A or MSFS that has User defined waypoints, I am unable to get the flight plan to the other program.

For example if I create a plan in P2A with a departure and a destination and airport, and five user defined waypoints, and export this to MSFS, the exported plan includes only the departure and destination airports; all of the waypoints are stripped from the plan.

Going the other way if I create a plan like this in MSFS with user defined waypoints:

RpcctYi.png

And then import it into Pilot2ATC I get this:

lNpxmoX.png

In this case one of the user defined waypoints was imported correctly, but three were imported as if they were NAVAIDS because the names matched nearby aids, and the NAVAID coordinates were used instead of the coordinates specified in the msfs plan.

The msfs PLN file defined the waypoints like this:

<ATCWaypoint id="ANT">
            <ATCWaypointType>User</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N36° 12' 19.79",E36° 9' 26.98",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="SEL">
            <WorldPosition>N36° 7' 31.18",E35° 55' 7.06",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="WP4">
            <WorldPosition>N35° 40' 46.60",E34° 34' 30.73",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="SAL">
            <WorldPosition>N35° 11' 45.95",E33° 51' 23.35",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
        </ATCWaypoint>

They are clearly marked as "User" waypoints rather than NAVAIDS.

Couldn't P2A import these and create user defined waypoints for them rather than match them up to existing NAVAIDS? Also, couldn't P2A export it's own waypoints to msfs with the structure used for those above? Doing so would make P2A more useful for VFR flights.

Thanks!

Gil Yoder
Pearland, TX

02.22.2019-08.56.50

9 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Thanks for the report.  This is a known issue and it is fixed for the next update.

Dave

Outstanding...Thanks Dave.