Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

"External" VSYNC not working.

Here's a summary of what's working for me (to summarize Bert and Colonel X essentially):

1. In MSFS VSync is off, therefore no fps limit

2. No fps limit in Nvidia CP (or inspector), try default profile if necessary

3. For my 60 Hz monitor I have setup a MSFS profile by holding >AltGr<  (that's the right ALT key) and hitting the green >Add< Button in RTSS while MSFS is running. This will select the "flightsimulator.exe". Then I am clicking on the "x" (or whatever you have listed there) behind >scanline sync< in RTSS until it shows "X/2" and set a value of -10 by using the blue arrows in the box behind that (you may try other values but I found no difference here)

4. RTSS runs in the background while MSFS is running.

You might try to set >scanline sync< to "x" instead of "x/2" if (and only if) your sim can deliver very stable 60+ frames/sec. The key is not to let the framerate drop below 30 ("x/2") /60 ("x") fps under all circumstances.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Previously I have Vsync turned on in the game and set to 60 FPS and it holds 60 FPS 90% of the time (I am running 1080P) if I set 30FPS in the game according to the FPS counter in developer options I get 30FPS. Am I the only one that Vsync works for?

But wait, I installed Riva tuner and played around with the options posted in this thread. I can successfully get a constant 60FPS or 30FPS. This is where something weird is happening, I have a 16 inch monitor that sits in front of my 42" LED TV that I pop put the PFD on the TBM. If I lock to 60FPS using Riva the built in display shows 60FPS and so does the MSFS display and everything is very smooth. If I pop out the PFD and have it either on my main TV or drag it to the small monitor both Riva displays show 60 FPS but the MSFS shows 30 FPS and panning around is definitely not as smooth.

If I set FPS to 30, Scanline sync x/2 & -1 both Riva & MSFS report 30 FPS, again if I pop out the PFD Riva reports 30FPS and MSFS reports 15FPS and the sim is running at 15 FPS, very jerky.

If I turn Vsync back on in MSFS (No Riva) and lock to 30FPS I can still maintain 30FPS if I pop out the PFD. Weird or what

My smaller monitor is using a resolution of 1366 X 768 and 60Hz

Any idea what the heck is going on?

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

6 hours ago, roi1862 said:

So let me get it right, with my 165hz monitor, if I would like to get smooth experience with around 40fps, I would set in RTSS scanline x2 -17 and frame limit leave at 0 ?

Not sure how you are coming up with that... but no, I would suggest leaving scanline sync alone and trying fps limit of 40 in RTSS.

Bert

44 minutes ago, Richdem said:

If I pop out the PFD and have it either on my main TV or drag it to the small monitor both Riva displays show 60 FPS but the MSFS shows 30 FPS and panning around is definitely not as smooth.

Multi monitor is a whole other discussion... and RTSS Scanline is not the solution for that..

Bert

40 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Multi monitor is a whole other discussion... and RTSS Scanline is not the solution for that..

I know there has been some issues with multi monitors and frame rates but as I mentioned using the built in Vsync set to 60 FPS I find little to no difference with the TBM It is weird how Vsync appears to work for me. At least I have some options to play around with now. I would prefer to keep my small monitor as I also use it for PFD & MFD in XPlane 11

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I'm bumping this up again:

Has someone tried 3dOverrider? I understand it is a RTSS tool? Have only read about earlier but not tried...

Seems it helps alot of people against microstuttering.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

If you have a G-Sync monitor you do not need to use the Scanline Sync options, just cap the fps to your liking with RTSS and G-Sync will take care of the rest.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |