Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

MakeRunways for MSFS 2020 Beta

13 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That's the right one for Make Runways.

But that was a version posted in a support thread for testing. Since then the maintained version is available on FSUIPC.com as for FSUIPC latest versions.

I'll change the link in the support thread to load the latest, not specifically 5.11 which may change..

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I am trying to run Makerunways but after 1 second or so, it stops and generates only a file called "runways.txt"

Any idea why? The instructions are quite simple so I can't believe I am missing something. Running Windows 10 and MSFS

2 hours ago, kkbelos said:

I am trying to run Makerunways but after 1 second or so, it stops and generates only a file called "runways.txt"

"Runways.txt" is the log showing what happened, so you need to look at that.

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

"Runways.txt" is the log showing what happened, so you need to look at that.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your promt reply

Actually it has many lines, I guess it´s the program fetching the files in the MSFS folder.

The last lines (related to why it stops, I guess) are these ones:

***** Processing MSFS official scenery (Asobo=-1)
    "\\?\C:\Users\Jander Clander\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-devmode\Edition\templates\AssetGroups\SimObjects\airplanes\singleprop-empty\SimObjects\Airplanes\MyCompany_AssetName\panel\"
    "\\?\C:\Users\Jander Clander\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-devmode\Edition\templates\AssetGroups\SimObjects\airplanes\singleprop-empty\SimObjects\Airplanes\MyCompany_AssetName\sound\"
    "\\?\C:\Users\Jander Clander\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-devmode\Edition\templates\AssetGroups\SimObjects\airplanes\singleprop-empty\SimObjects\Airplanes\MyCompany_AssetName\soundai\"

6 hours ago, kkbelos said:

The last lines (related to why it stops, I guess) are these ones:

If things were okay the next line would be:

"\\?\C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-devmode\Edition\templates\AssetGroups\SimObjects\airplanes\singleprop-empty\SimObjects\Airplanes\MyCompany_AssetName\texture\"
***** Processing MSFS official scenery (Asobo=1)

so I'd guess that there's some corruption either in that soundai folder, or in this texture folder.

Was there any crash data for MakeRunways in the Windows Even Viewer? Please check.

There should be a SceneryList.txt file as well -- please check. That is produced before this processing begins. If that completes then there is definitely some error in one of those two folders I mentioned. It would need to be repaired somehow. I'm not sure whether MSFS offers any repair options for installation -- if not then I think it will mean a re-install.

Going by the pathname, the files where it stops seem to be related to devmode. Perhaps disabling devmode with remove them from the list.

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

If things were okay the next line would be:

"\\?\C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-devmode\Edition\templates\AssetGroups\SimObjects\airplanes\singleprop-empty\SimObjects\Airplanes\MyCompany_AssetName\texture\"
***** Processing MSFS official scenery (Asobo=1)

so I'd guess that there's some corruption either in that soundai folder, or in this texture folder.

Was there any crash data for MakeRunways in the Windows Even Viewer? Please check.

There should be a SceneryList.txt file as well -- please check. That is produced before this processing begins. If that completes then there is definitely some error in one of those two folders I mentioned. It would need to be repaired somehow. I'm not sure whether MSFS offers any repair options for installation -- if not then I think it will mean a re-install.

Going by the pathname, the files where it stops seem to be related to devmode. Perhaps disabling devmode with remove them from the list.

Pete

Hi Pete 

No Scenerylist.txt in the folder. Devmode is disabled, but I am not running the sim while I launch maerunways.exe. Should both run in paralell?

It did indeed create an error in the event viewer, these are the details

Faulting application name: MakeRwys.exe, version: 5.1.2.7, time stamp: 0x60bf66cb
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000071208
Faulting process id: 0x297c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78ec81898c0ba
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Jander Clander\Downloads\New folder\MakeRwys.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 0f4705e2-3be6-4ccb-aed0-1d5254fe0204
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 hour ago, kkbelos said:

I am not running the sim while I launch maerunways.exe. Should both run in paralell?

No! Certainly not!

1 hour ago, kkbelos said:

It did indeed create an error in the event viewer, these are the details

Thanks. I'll look at that, but it might be a while. I suspect all it will show is data being read which makes no sense. It might be quicker for you to trying repairing/reinstalling. If I do manage to locate the problem in MakeRwys processing it is likely that all I can do with it is to terminate tidily with an error message, which still wouldn't give you the results you need. If I can by-pass the error then I will.

I'm wondering if it would help if you sent me the contents of those two folders. You could try ZIPping them up and sending to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Pete

On 8/11/2021 at 7:46 PM, Pete Dowson said:

No! Certainly not!

Thanks. I'll look at that, but it might be a while. I suspect all it will show is data being read which makes no sense. It might be quicker for you to trying repairing/reinstalling. If I do manage to locate the problem in MakeRwys processing it is likely that all I can do with it is to terminate tidily with an error message, which still wouldn't give you the results you need. If I can by-pass the error then I will.

I'm wondering if it would help if you sent me the contents of those two folders. You could try ZIPping them up and sending to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Pete

Hi Pete

Ok, I will send you the files via mail.

It´s not a big deal, if you can find a solution I would really appreciate it, but it´s not breaking the sim for me not having the right taxiways in Pilot2ATC. I would like to do a clean reinstall but I already did one with SU5 (somehow my install was wiped out) and with my internet connection it´s a very very slow and excruciating experience. I will do it at some point, because I am sure one of the next patches will force me to do so, but for the time being I prefer to fly!

Thanks anyway for your help

13 hours ago, kkbelos said:

Ok, I will send you the files via mail.

Thanks. They are identical to mine.

Without being able to reproduce the problem here, I am stuck really.  What is most puzzling is the missing "scenerylist.txt" file. That is produced before the folders are processed.

Please ZIP up the entire Scenery.txt file and send it. Something odd must have happened before the file processing stage started.

Also, please tell me where you installed MakeRwys.exe -- in a folder of its own?

I'm having some difficulty trying to understand exactly what "Exception code: 0xc0000409" actually means. It isn't in the official MS lists. This website: https://www.minitool.com/news/0xc0000409.html suggests it might be a system error rather than a specific program bug, and that you should run system file checker.

I also found this

How to fix the 0xc0000409 error
  1. Press Windows key + R to open up a Run window. ...
  2. In the Troubleshooting tab, click on Windows Update (under the Get up and running tab) and choose Run the troubleshooter.
  3. Wait until the initial wizard detects the problem that is causing the issue.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

On 8/13/2021 at 12:49 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Thanks. They are identical to mine.

Without being able to reproduce the problem here, I am stuck really.  What is most puzzling is the missing "scenerylist.txt" file. That is produced before the folders are processed.

Please ZIP up the entire Scenery.txt file and send it. Something odd must have happened before the file processing stage started.

Also, please tell me where you installed MakeRwys.exe -- in a folder of its own?

I'm having some difficulty trying to understand exactly what "Exception code: 0xc0000409" actually means. It isn't in the official MS lists. This website: https://www.minitool.com/news/0xc0000409.html suggests it might be a system error rather than a specific program bug, and that you should run system file checker.

I also found this

How to fix the 0xc0000409 error
  1. Press Windows key + R to open up a Run window. ...
  2. In the Troubleshooting tab, click on Windows Update (under the Get up and running tab) and choose Run the troubleshooter.
  3. Wait until the initial wizard detects the problem that is causing the issue.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I will send you the file. I was running it in its own folder, located in the "downloads" folders. But I have moved it again to different locations and it´s the same. 

BR

21 hours ago, kkbelos said:

I will send you the file.

Thanks.

I think the problem is that your Windows 10 (I assume?) appears not to have long pathnames allowed.

The normal maximum is 260 characters, but this restriction can be overridden by using that \\?\ prefix. From Windows documents I'd assumed that this would work no matter which build of Windows is being used -- it was okay on three different versions on PC's I have. However, it is noticeable that the last line logged on your system is showing a pathname longer than 260 (discounting the "" envelope, which isn't used in the actual windows calls). In fact it's the first path longer than 260, at just 261 characters!

Perhaps I should log also the version and build number of the Windows version in use. But could you tell me (use WinVer) please? And maybe try to update.

Using Google I have found this:

4.3 Enabling Windows Long Path (Windows 10 - 1803 build)
  1. Click Window key and type gpedit. msc, then press the Enter key. ...
  2. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem.
  3. Double click Enable NTFS long paths.
  4. Select Enabled, then click OK.

Could you try that please?

There's also a way of editing the Registry instead. See

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

Let me know please.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Pete,

First off, thanks for all you do for the flight sim community. I have a question on Makerunways and P2A. I fly a lot of bush pilot airstrips around Papua New Guinea, many of which were not originally in P2A. Makerunways did import all of them but for some reason, some airstrips I simply cannot land at and get P2A to file the flight plan. I can take off from these airstrips with no problem and the P2A program will accept the flight plan. Dave has told me that "P2A uses the Destination Runway for many purposes and if you destination doesn't have a runway, it will cause problems."

Well, I must be dumb as a post as I can't wrap my head around the fact that a) the runway is clearly visible and I can use them all for my departure point, yet b) many of these airfields cannot be used for destinations....P2A accepts them in the planning part, but will not allow the FP to be filed. Since you are the makerunways programmer, I wanted to ask you (and Dave) why some of the airfields being added by makerunways are not accepted by P2A as destinations. If you want a single example, use AYXE. Thanks!

I don't believe this is a MakeRunways issue.  If you get a red runway line when you import it, then that's all MakeRunways can provide.

I'm working on figuring out why this is.  AYXE is not in my data, so I'm importing from MSFS instead of P2A to add it.

Dave