Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

MakeRunways for MSFS 2020 Beta

Pete Dowson has released a beta of MakeRunways for MSFS2020.

MakeRunways Beta version 5.00 for MSFS

This will allow you to create the files needed to import Taxiways and Gates from MSFS.

Pete could benefit from feedback from DVD install users, and those with lots of Addon airports or anyone experiencing issues.  

THANKS Pete!!

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Upvote 1

Taxiways were being generated with bad coordinates in MakeRunways Beta2. Please make sure you use Beta3, released this morning.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

But when I try to import all the scenery that generated with Makerunways I don't have option to choose FS2020 in P2A 2.6.1.3..

How can I do this ?

Check the type of import as P3D.

Point the P3D folder name in TaxiMnt to the folder where you have the MakeRwys files from MSFS.

Import the taxiways and Gates.

Dave

After it finishes scanning and creating all the necessary files, what is the next step to get it into Pilot2ATC?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

21 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Check the type of import as P3D.

Point the P3D folder name in TaxiMnt to the folder where you have the MakeRwys files from MSFS.

Import the taxiways and Gates.

Go to the Taxi Mnt screen and perform the above.  See P2A User's Guide for details.

Dave

• Like 1

It pops up a window saying it can't locate Prepar3D.exe? I'm using MSFS 2020 though. Do I just ignore it and just go to the next step?

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

No.  There is no way to add new airports.  However, if they have runways or taxiways defined in MakeRunways, they will be imported when you do the import All Taxiways.

They won't have any frequencies associated with them as P2A gets all its frequency and ATC data from AIRAC files, but they should be available for flight planning purposes.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 1

I've received a report of strange taxiways drawn across the airport. So far this has only been reported with MSFS default Atlanta (KATL). However, it is a puzzle as the data extracted looks correct in that it matches what is there. Currently I'm suspecting an error in the MSFS scenery file for KATL. But investigations continue.

Have any P2A + MSFS users here come across P2A taxiways drawn weirdly?  We need to know if this is general or just specific to that one airport or BGL file. We would be especially interested in an occurrence in a smaller airport -- KATL has several thousand taxiway points and is rather a nightmare to check 'by hand'.

Pete

Created file of entire ariports with makerunways, afert that ia have imported in pilot2atc  taxiways for Lfpg (Paris airport) , but after importing proces nothing is showed at the map (no taxiways are showed , only runways)

9ILN2VU.png

E1gfu5j.png

Anyone with this problem at this airport?

thanks

Edited by motishow

2 hours ago, motishow said:

have imported in pilot2atc  taxiways for Lfpg (Paris airport) , but after importing proces nothing is showed at the map (no taxiways are showed , only runways)

I've just checked the T5.csv file. Seems that LFPG is omitted, which is very odd since the Taxiway data is all recorded, as shown in the log (Runways.txt).

I'll check this, see what is going on. Thanks for the report.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson