Sign in to follow this  
jspilot

A320 Landing Plane just sinks out of the sky

37 minutes ago, jspilot said:

I remember now on the last flight that my vref approach speed( magenta number on the speed tape) was something like 222 knots which I thought was a mistake.  

This or something similar happened to me as well the other day. I was on final into Denver with the A320 in managed speed mode and I was far too quick. I then switched to selected mode and set 143 kts, but that nearly made the plane stall. I just about managed to land safely, but it was really close. I later found out that it was my fault because I forgot to convert pounds to kilos when I entered ZFW and fuel weight 😅.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

15 hours ago, Shack95 said:

I later found out that it was my fault because I forgot to convert pounds to kilos when I entered ZFW and fuel weight 😅.

I think that is a common issue that has led many to have this problem. Should be on the a list of FAQs somewhere or something.

Edited by Donstim

So updating here.  I finally got a chance to try the no fuel in the center tank workaround and the airplane still did the exact same thing-  sunk passed the altitude it was assigned, made no effort to level out, could not be flyable and just sunk into the ground.  Honestly, I’m about done with trying to fix this situation and probably will just park this airings and try the moded version soon but I was wondering if anyone has any work around here before I give up.  It’s really a shame because I do want to like this game but it’s just beating me up now every chance I get to play it