Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

ORBx Global Trees HD

Some of the textures on my autogen trees in P3Dv4.5HF2 look a bit rough, so I have been considering upgrading them with the ORBx Global Trees HD package. What I would like to know is.....just how much of an improvement to tree texture quality (and overall look) does this package provide over (for example) the bog standard autogen trees in ORBx TrueEarth Great Britain? The screenshots look good, but I need to be convinced by the AVSIM membership :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don’t remember what they were like before. But I remember being happy with the purchase 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Some of the textures on my autogen trees in P3Dv4.5HF2 look a bit rough, so I have been considering upgrading them with the ORBx Global Trees HD package. What I would like to know is.....just how much of an improvement to tree texture quality (and overall look) does this package provide over (for example) the bog standard autogen trees in ORBx TrueEarth Great Britain? The screenshots look good, but I need to be convinced by the AVSIM membership :smile:

They don't get used with TrueEarh products, see the Global Trees HD manual, it states clearly that they are not used with TE.   Best....  Phil

• Like 1

So how do I get upgrades for the TrueEarth trees?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You need the terraflora V2 product. It stops the TE trees in the U.K. jumping out at you and looking cartoonishly unrealistic.

It gives a subtle but pleasant change in texture to the TE landscape 

It’s only about fiver (U.K.) cheap enough to give it a try

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Both the trees and the buildings (different product) add  a whole lot of realism to ORBX and P3DV5.

Jim

The TerraFlora v2 package (and GlobalTrees HD for that matter) are £19 on the ORBx Central Store.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Terraflora 2 is great product and I'd prefer it to Global HD trees.

HD Buildings is also a great product and greatly enahances the default buildings.Although be aware many Orbx airports will not use default buildings anyway but you will end up with HD roofs. Mostly this issue seems to occur when an airport update for P3D v5 or their True Earth product is released. I raised the issue over at Orbx where there was a bit of back and forth but I doubt they will revert and resolve.

Both still worth the $$ though.

5F72EE39EF59CF8CB2037949951CC588A48F39C1

BDA1B416963489FD49677CF3698E1BA662DC1D4F32545D59554B3038B575C10865D57DAF33250770

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The TerraFlora v2 package (and GlobalTrees HD for that matter) are £19 on the ORBx Central Store.....

Sorry about that misinformation then, it’s showing as 9.95 AUD when I select it in orbxdirect.com

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Both have been reduced to around £11 by the current US Election sale.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png