Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimhetzer

Anyone Figured Out How To Stop Hesitations?

After a few testing runs I've been able to eliminate the panning stutters. One of the things I did was to lower my bufferpool to 2 million from 10 million and I'm hoping that was the problem. I also lowered the value for trees from 4500 to 4000 in the fsx.cfg so either one or the combination of both helped in eliminating this issue for me.This does not solve microstutters in flight which seems to be another issue being discussed. That was usually solved in FS9 by lowering the Global textures a notch or 2.Ian.

Guest Alphahawk3

Thanks....it helped me...I was going nuts. I know my system is not high end....P4 3ghz....2 gig ram....7600gt 256mb....but I had tried all of the so called tweaks on here to no avail. It is the same with the blurries. I have seen screen shots of high end systems and one can see the blurries on their systems as well...go figure. regards, Randy

Guest marcg11

The only thing that finally helped me was turning off AA on my Nvidia setup (I have a 7600GT). When I switched to Vista, the problem got worse...So when playing around I noticed that when I switch it off, volia it was gone. I was able to move up my resolution to 1260 x 1040 without a framrate hit, so for now I am not to upset about no AA, but I am hoping a driver update at some point will allow me to turn it back on (Probable wishful thinking on my side, but hey I actually like FSX)

I've been lurking these forums since I bought FSX last month, but I had to add my "me too" to this thread.I'm running a bleeding-edge machine that hasn't had problems with any other software. I keep the machine tuned, no unnecessary or unwanted background processes, properly defragged, etc. But I am having the same problem as others in this thread. After a while (20-30 min; I'll try timing it next time to see if it is consistent) my FPS drops from 15-25+ (15ish in Las Vegas or New York, 25+ in less decorated areas) to 1-4 fps, becoming unflyable. I don't think it is related to textures; both 8800GTX cards have 768MB RAM, and the problem occurs even when I'm just sailing or Triking over the same general area.I have tried the same types of things as others have mentioned (reducing terrain and building cell density, changing the buffer pool size, etc) but nothing seems to work. My system is water-cooled and I have verified that the temperature of the GPUs, CPU, and memory is not the issue. Again, no other game or software has any problem, so I have to assume it is solely an FSX issue. I did a fresh install yesterday without any of the add-ons or manual configuration edits and still have the same problem, so I have ruled out those as the culprit as well.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Intel Quad Core QX6700/2.66GHz (water cooled @ 3.20 GHz), 2@8800GTX/768MB nVidia (SLI), 4GB RAM, 2@160GB Raptor HD (RAID 0), Creative X-Fi Audio, Dell 3007 30" Monitor (2560x1600)FSGenesis USA Landclass, NA & World Meshes, MegasceneryX Hawaii & Phoenix

Your issue is mine, exactly. No other games/sims I run have this problem. My system is a bare bones gaming rig - nothing I do gets rid of the tiny "micro stutters."Well, wait for SP1 I suppose....danon -

Guest Cormega

I never experienced this problem until I switched to Unlimited frame rate....turned it back down to 20...problem gone!!!

Guest Grahame Myers

Hi allThought I'd throw a new angle in here: I got rid of my micro-stutters by de-installing the CCC for my ATI card.I was trying to find the cause for my stutters,and somehow came to suspect the CCC. I never liked it anyway, I'm never been a fan of any kind of bloat-ware, which ATI's CCC certainly is. To have control over AA and AF etc. I use ATI Tray Tools instead.I'm running the ATI 7.1 drivers btw, with ALL settings in ATI TrayTools set at Highest Quality, with FPS at unlimited in FSX. Screen res.is set at 1289x1024x32bit (default res. for my monitor)I have the usual stuff installed in FSX: TrackIR4 Pro, ActiveSky,Real Environment, FSUIPC, and the usual scenery and mesh stuff,plus any amount of addon aircraft.Settings medium high to high in FSX, NO autogen, NO bloom effects, TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=200, otherwise not much changed from the default.It certainly worked for me, and it could be worth a try for other people.Just a thought..BestGrahame

I was running tray tools, but with the release of the new 7.2's tray tools no longer holds/saves your settings. We are in need of a new version to go with the 7.2's. Also, the new CCC (shipped with 7.2) is really lite, the bloat seems to be gone. Looks like they finally figured something out.All being said, with the 7.1's and tray tools I still had the problem. It just seems, at least to me, that this is a problem within FSX itself, especially since it DOES NOT happen at night..hmm ? ?danon -

Me too, with unlimited FPS I was getting higher FPS but with hesitations, I locked my FPS at 20 and my FSX is fluid, no hesitations.

Here's a shot in the dark, Gary...I notice your Overclock is pretty significant, I calculate you are at 64% with just aircooling. I wonder if you'd have smooth if you backed off the mhz a bit. I'm running my e6600 at 3ghz...and I don't see this problem.Best,Bob