Sign in to follow this  
rogerb38

Flight Simulator 2020 will not install

9 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

I am just going based on posts ive seen on the forum and the offical forum sub 100 internet speed seems to be the culprit and common issue in alot of the threads and people limiting their speed  while downloading has worked as a fix..

The downside to having 200 min internets speed is the cost.. 75 USD just for internet... u want basic cable TV add another 45 and so on and so on,,, such a rip off.

Sub 100Mb connections can't be the culprit. 

With the UK's rural 19th century Internet I feel lucky to be able to get 27Mb download, and I never had a problem downloading MSFS. It just takes a bit longer. If it does stop downloading for any reason you can always reboot or restart the router. It should just restart where it left off.

• Like 1

Since the second update broke my installation that thing doesn't even re-install, not with all that internet tipps available.

The updater of MFS is a piece of *rhymes on kneecap*

Edited by JoeFackel

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

15 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

that is most likely your problem... ive read alot of post people with slow internet not installing

Just to hopefully bury this slow internet speed myth - my internet speed tops out at 19Mbps and I've installed the MFS multiple times as I was in the Alpha. The only problem with slow internet, above the 5Mbps minimum, is that full installation takes a very long time.

Edited by SamYeager
Typo

Give people power to really test their personality.