Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Pressing ESC cuts off engines in the TBM...

Hi guys

think this is a new problem or at least its never happened before the latest hotfix.  Quite simply if I press ESC which by default is "toggle Pause" when I press ESC again to return to the sim the TBM engine just rolls back and dies??  I've checked my key bindings which is the obvious culprit and I only have ESC mapped to toggle pause.  Anyone else seeing this problem?  I flew the Bonanza earlier with no such issues and I have to press ESC quite a lot due to demands of kids and wife lol!

EDIT:  ok offensive initials not allowed does it in the Kingair as well!  Let the testing commence!!!

EDIT 1:  ok rebinded toggle pause to P, same affect.  Now just tested the caravan and engines roll back hitting P, exit sim, hit P again (return to sim) = engines roll back......after 100 hours flight time this has never happened before.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

EDIT 2:  Does it in default C172 and the RY Bonanza Mod as well - I think its fair to say at this moment this is completely broken!!

Cheers

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

I've noticed it in the 172 thus far.  When you go to the menu and go back the mixture goes to cutoff.

I've ZenDesked it already.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Fixed it!

I use the slider to the right of the Landing gear button (don't know actual name) on my warthog throttle for mixture, this has been set in the OFF position whilst flying the TBM.  Of course the TBM doesn't have mixture so I wouldn't need to set full rich, however for some reason when I pressed ESC or whatever key was mapped to "toggle pause" when I went back into the sim, because my hardware mixture was in the CUTOFF position this killed the engines in the TBM which doesn't have a mixture setting!!!  The tests in the other planes were conducted by me simply setting up on the runway (engines automatically running) but when I pressed Toggle pause, then back to sim, the engines died because my hardware mixture was set to CUT OFF!

Phew!!  Hopefully this helps others out.

Cheers

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

6 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I've noticed it in the 172 thus far.  When you go to the menu and go back the mixture goes to cutoff.

aaaah this must be by problem or a manifestation of it.  For now I'm going to keep my hardware mixture full rich.

Thomas Derbyshire

Ok guys, hang on.  This is not a bug for me.  I forgot I had the mixture to cutoff from the last flight.  What a n00b I am.:blush:

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Yeah, same for me, Warthog with slider right of LG set to mixture. ESC in and out of pause will cut off engine if the slider lever is fully back. I'm not sure why.

Also, the LR buttons down on the yoke set aileron trim. But if you use the normal keypresses or assign a controller button the trim will happen but the readout on the LR buttons will not change the readout value from 0 trim. Those buttons are  an independent aileron trim from any controller assignments. This can fool you if you see the LR readout is 0 but imput trim with keys controller DX buttons. The trim still happens while the tooltip says 0 trim.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

11 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

This is why you should always ask around first (such as on here) before 'zendesking' something really.  A lot of faults are system or person specific which points to something in the particular setup that needs to be traced back first, such as the ones mentioned here.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Definitely something weird going on, after more investigation the throttle in the TBM reverts to Idle after I press ESC then back to sim if my Prop is set to idle - so last night I had to push my Prop all the way forward.  So the only way to keep the engines running is Prop full forward and mixture full rich although the TBM doesn't have a separate prop and mixture control!

I need to do more testing later on.  I definitely wasn't seeing this behaviour prior to the latest hotfix.

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hr 19 - same thing happened to Emilie 😉

Thomas Derbyshire