Sign in to follow this  
precog

*** Explore amazing places with Flight Sim Discovery ***

Hi guys,

I’ve just release a new version of Flight Sim Discovery that updates the Points of Interest database (POIs) to include all the new POIs, photogrammetry cities and enhanced airports from the UK update.

The other main change to come with this new version is you can now create waypoints anywhere on the world map with one-click to add to your flight plan (without having to create it as a POI).

For example, I created a flight out of Exeter in England that took to me NE up to a few Points of Interests, but I also included Bath as a waypoint as I had been there in real life but didn’t think it was interesting enough to create a POI to share with the community.

Other changes include:
-you can rename flight plans you have created

-minor bug fixes

Next up is a big piece of functionality that will show you everywhere you have explored in MSFS. I hope to explore the whole earth eventually so its going to be nice to have a visual record where I have been. Instead of a line it will be a polygon representation dependent on altitude. Stay tuned!

Happy Flying!

Precog

• Like 6

On 3/1/2021 at 7:34 PM, precog said:

Hi guys,

I’ve just release a new version of Flight Sim Discovery that updates the Points of Interest database (POIs) to include all the new POIs, photogrammetry cities and enhanced airports from the UK update.

The other main change to come with this new version is you can now create waypoints anywhere on the world map with one-click to add to your flight plan (without having to create it as a POI).

For example, I created a flight out of Exeter in England that took to me NE up to a few Points of Interests, but I also included Bath as a waypoint as I had been there in real life but didn’t think it was interesting enough to create a POI to share with the community.

Other changes include:
-you can rename flight plans you have created

-minor bug fixes

Next up is a big piece of functionality that will show you everywhere you have explored in MSFS. I hope to explore the whole earth eventually so its going to be nice to have a visual record where I have been. Instead of a line it will be a polygon representation dependent on altitude. Stay tuned!

Happy Flying!

Precog

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for this tremendous tool. I’m embarking on a world tour... using this amazing resource. Thank you so much!!!

Thanks for your feedback....and all the best on your world tour. 

I'm busy flying all over the UK at the moment in the xcub.  Just recently discovered the VL-3...wow!  What a great little airplane this is for sight-seeing.

Hey guys, I've been working on a massive update to this for the last 3 months that involves an in-game panel.  Looking for a couple of testers who might be interested in testing it out for me.  If your interested, send me a PM and Ill get in touch.