Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Game won't start after 11/10 update - black screen

Loaded the game to run the update. It was stuck on the Mt. Fiji screen for 10 minutes and didnt seem like it was going to do anything, so I hit Alt+F4 and closed it. Rebooted my PC.

Now the game wont load anything other than a black screen. The only way to close the black screen is Ctrl+Alt+Del. This happens in both Run As Administrator and regular mode.

Update: game eventually loaded and update went smoothly. Just had to wait a really really long time for anything to happen. Also had to continuously retry the Xbox and no internet connection errors.

Edited by NightOfDreams

Just as I wrote this, the Fiji screen came on finally. It says

Xbox Live - We couldnt sign you into Xbox Live

We cant sign you into Xbox Live right now. Try again in a while. 

0x80048869

I bought it through Microsoft Store and dont have an Xbox Live account, I think. ????????

32 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

Got the same, think it's a server error. I'll wait till tomorrow and will see

Mine came on after a while and then the update worked fine. Try giving it a lot of time, and if you get errors just keep hitting the button until it works.

45 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

0x80048869

I bought it through Microsoft Store and dont have an Xbox Live account, I think. ????????

On Twitter

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Maybe they should have partnered with Microsoft then these errors of updates to Windows would not be a problem

2 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

0x80048869

So you just hit the the try again buttons a million times until it works? (im also stuck)

I logged in to the feedback hub & then xbox live worked, & now the sim starts! Weird...

UPS123.png

29 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

So you just hit the the try again buttons a million times until it works? (im also stuck)

If you mean the Xbox try again button, then yes. After many retries it moved forward and I was fine after that.

46 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

If you mean the Xbox try again button, then yes. After many retries it moved forward and I was fine after that.

Confirmed, thanks for the tips 🙂

• Like 1