Sign in to follow this  
Chucky55

Garmin 430 for A2A Comanchee

I am getting ready to start some instrument training in a Comanche250, equipped with a Garmin 430. I have A2A Comanche FSX and would like to purchase/install an add on 430.  I have perused the forums but am not clear on some things and was hoping someone could steer me in right direction.  I see RXP has a combo 430/530...but if I purchase that can I just install the 430?  And I think Flight1 product will not work with FSX...is that correct?  If I am wrong and can use either company, what is the consensus on best for FSX? RXP or Flight1? 

I need a fairly simple installation as I can barely get around my computer!!! 

Thanks in advance...

Charles

Click on the link above.  It will take some work on your part and there are those like bills511 who previously figured it out.  If I recall accurately, based on the date of release, the A2A Comanche supported the F1 GNS.  The Reality XP is superior in several regards.  Replacing one with the other just requires some simple, but guided, replacement of text in a couple of config files that are simple text files.  Once that is accomplished, you may wish to learn a bit more in regard to how to pop up the 2D gauges, and how to position them.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Totally agree with Frank, the RXP is mucho superior in every way to the F1. Also, many RXP users like bills511 have figured out how to install in the virtual cockpit of dozens of aircraft. 

• Like 1

+2 for RXP.  It's not hard to replace and many folks here (me) will gladly help.  I use the GTN 650 in several A2A planes and adding the 430 would be similar.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I believe the a2a Comanche will support an RXP GNS430 natively.

Look in a2a/Tools/aircraft configurator for your GPS options.

To the OP, yes you can install either the 430 or 530, your choice. 🙂

Also agree that the F1 GNS is a less capable product, and RXP provides better support.

BTW, sent you a message re GNS navdata..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Awesome help everyone! Many thanks to all that took time to reply! Really appreciate the advice.  I will go with RXP ...I had kinda thought that before but now I am sure.

To BIlls511...I opened the configurator that came with the Comanche, and it has RXP 430/530 each listed, as well as Flight 1 and Mindstar options...so I think can just use it to install RXP...sure they will have some instructions included as well I assume!  I see your configurator link has P3D in name...I have FSX...do I need it also/or instead of the one that came with the Comanche?

Frank...I have been using a second monitor and with default FSX planes open and move the GPS to it by undocking. I keep my charts on 1/2 the screen, nav log and GPS or other items on other 1/2.  That's been working pretty well.  I kinda got used to 2D panels, but am trying to utilize the 3D more. Using FSUIPC I have been working out button assignments (Siatek yoke/Throttle/Pedals), but also bought and installed EzDoc...and now have a totally NEW learning curve trying to get all the views figured out!!  I don't like reaching for keyboard for controls...but not enough buttons on my yoke to accomplish everything, so will need to get used to utilizing keyboard more.  Having a hard time with Comanche and 2D panel though...guess it really was designed around the VC.

If I purchase RXP, can I install that in other aircraft as well?? (one purchase/ multiple installs?)

I appreciate the Garmin line...have been using 396/496 stuff for years. Very similiar features.  So learning the GPS 400, and later the 430 etc shouldn't  be to difficult!   I don't really want to get into the 650/750 stuff though, as I fly an RV-4 now for my personal plane, and this winter will be converting from steam gauges to a Dynon Skyview system.  Similar features/capabilities to the 750...but don't want to confuse myself learning two different operating systems!

Bert...got your message via an email notification...will reply as soon as I figure out how! LOL  Assume there is a personal message area??

Again, thanks all and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions in the future! 

Charles

On 11/17/2020 at 3:51 PM, Chucky55 said:

If I purchase RXP, can I install that in other aircraft as well?? (one purchase/ multiple installs?)

Yes.

Bert