Sign in to follow this  
yanfeng12342000

3 months and do we have a sales number?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 minutes ago, Fielder said:

And??

It should be obvious that ACES Gaming Studios was Microsoft's in-house game developing studio, & like any other public company, Microsoft is responsible to their shareholders (not gamers), & if a department is not performing or if it is not in-line with future business projections or plans, it gets closed down. Common practice really. It's not a case of 'letting gamers down!'. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

On 11/17/2020 at 12:48 PM, Wobbie said:

Lets call the Complex aircraft, instead of 'study level'

I'll start by saying this may vary outside of the U.S., but Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 61.1 defines complex airplanes as the following:

"Complex airplane means an airplane that has a retractable landing gear, flaps, and a controllable pitch propeller, including airplanes equipped with an engine control system consisting of a digital computer and associated accessories for controlling the engine and propeller, such as a full authority digital engine control; or, in the case of a seaplane, flaps and a controllable pitch propeller, including seaplanes equipped with an engine control system consisting of a digital computer and associated accessories for controlling the engine and propeller, such as a full authority digital engine control."

Note that one of the requirements to be defined as "complex" is a controllable pitch propeller. So here's a question for you. Does a jet qualify as a complex airplane as defined in the US Code of Federal Regulations? (Pssst - say "no")

Though personally I'm not fond of the term "study level" because of the misuse by marketers over the years, I think it makes more sense than "complex" in the context of this discussion. Just my humble opinion, though. 😉

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

Luckily, what we've got is not real, just a bunch of complex pixels.. 

Pity there is no definitive definition of what a study level aircraft actually is. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

2 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Pity there is no definitive definition of what a study level aircraft actually is.

We should come up with one.  How about the justification to charge a 50+% premium because your marketing copy includes the phrase "study level"?

Chris

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

It was January 2009 when MS pulled the plug on the 2006 sim FSX after 1 million sales.

MS maybe pulled the plug in 2006 because a lot of the world public and gamers didn't get how good a flightsim can be. I think that is changing (imho)

Edited by icewater5

13 minutes ago, icewater5 said:

MS maybe pulled the plug in 2006 because the world public and gamers didn't get how good a flightsim can be. I think that is now changing (imho)☺️

That and you nearly had to be a certified IT system builder to get the thing to run well enough on that sad vintage 2006 hardware and as the add-ons arrived you needed more and more knowledge, desire to tweak and tweak again, and needed better and better hardware, and that scene never changed to the current day in P3D though it's obvious matured greatlly there.  MSFS is about to arrive on a console and by the time it does it should be more polished than it is today.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

That and you nearly had to be a certified IT system builder to get the thing to run well enough on that sad vintage 2006 hardware and as the add-ons arrived you needed more and more knowledge, desire to tweak and tweak again, and needed better and better hardware,

I hear what you are saying. I last used FS2004 and not being a programmer was not easy,  mainly because i used loads of addons like ATC, planes, FDC and more..

But i persevered and it was really good. Some might have to be a bit patient,  MSFS seems more complex.  We can help each other though and also report problems we find.

Edited by icewater5