Sign in to follow this  
Dylanear

Confused about Nov 12th update?!

OK, it's now 6 days since Nov 12th and I haven't gotten any updates since Patch 6/Nov 5th update, which became available to me around Nov 10th. 

I'm completely confused about the Nov 12th update? Did that come out, but it's still listed as 1.10.11.0 and I haven't noticed any differences? Will the Nov 12th update actually come out before the expected Nov 24th update is announced? Why give an update a date when the update isn't available until some undefined time after that? 

Anyone compiling a list of each patch by sequential number, date and the actual date it becomes available and the actual software versions? 

There were no software updates on Nov 12th.

For the last year Asobo/MS have released written reports on progress every Thursday. 

The sim was released on Tuesday August 18th, and every software update since that has been released on Tuesdays. There was an exception to the rule because one of the patches was delayed by a few days, but generally patchdays are Tuesdays.

As always there will be a written update tomorrow, and then software update #7 will be on Tuesday Nov 24th.

Edited by espent
  • Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Is Nov 12th just the date of all that development information? Not related to any specific software update?

8 minutes ago, Dylanear said:

Is Nov 12th just the date of all that development information? Not related to any specific software update?

Yes. They provide a development update every Thursday.

OK, ok, I think I'm starting to understand. There's "updates", software updates, they get an update number, 1 through 6 so far. 

(1.10.11.0) Update #6, Nov 10 Tuesday
(1.10.7.0) Update #5, Oct 29 Thursday (delay mentioned) 
(1.9.5.0) Update #4, Oct 13 Tuesday
(1.9.3.0) Update #3 "World Update 1: Japan", Sept 29 Tuesday
(1.8.3.0) Update #2, Sept 16 Wednesday
(1.7.14.0) Update #1, Sept 02 Wednesday

Then there's "updates", information updates on ongoing work, they get a date, the last one being Nov 12th.  

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

I guess I can stop constantly checking until the 24th!

Yep, think of the ‘development’ updates as newsletters that inform of future software updates. There might be a new Development update today (Thursday).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Asobo has been using the same word "update" for development blogs documenting status and patches that actually change the software.  I agree this is confusing.

I thought I saw that they were planning to change this in the future.

Patches are nominally every other Tuesday and Path 7: US World Update would fall on the 24th.  Every Thursday is a Development Blog. 

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, Dylanear said:

So who decided it was a good idea to pin a topic in this forum called November 12th 2020 - Development Update ?

That would be me. Every time they post a new development update/progress report and ChaoticBeauty posts it here, I pin it for everyone to see.

Like others said, it doesn’t mean it’s an actual update to the sim, just an update on where Asobo is in terms of progress.

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I laugh at my confused pointed question there and hope everyone else can too. 

It's a great thread that deserves pinning. I'm just super eager to get the stuff described in that update! And now I'm a bit less confused about when I can and can not expect SOFTWARE updates!

• Like 2