Sign in to follow this  
Copper.

NGXu/Voice - Eng Fire/Sev Dam/Sep Non-Normal

Refer ENGINE FIRE OR ENGINE SEVERE DAMAGE OR SEPARATION page 18 of FS2CREW Manual

The PM isn't executing the required action (Lever to CUTOFF) when airbourne. The PM is verbalizing the challenge (highlighted purple), and I give confirmation and the green speech to text bar is detecting the correct phrase "Confirm Number 2", but the PM will not move the Lever to CUTOFF.

The rest of the checklist works as described in the manual, except, when during pre-flight, I say "cockpit to ground" and ask for "can we pressurize the hydraulics", the program recognises the text in speech to text bar, but nothing is happening.

Help!

If Airborne (Start Levers are Pilot Monitoring domain):

- PM ENGINE START LEVER NUMBER # -> [A] will place his hand on the Start Lever

- PF CONFIRM NUMBER #

- PM CUTOFF -> [A] will move the Start Switch to Cutoff and completes the remainder of the checklist

Brian Nellis

Negative for UGCX, i don't know what that is, and the option is set to No.

cutoff switches - no, this shouldnt be the case for me. I just have a cheap logitech 3d pro which is mapped for flaps, MCP/AFDS stuff. Nothing else is mapped to my controller.

He managed to move the Lever once! but I for the life of me couldn't remember what I said to trigger the event.

Oh wait!!!!!!! Just as I type this, does the Thrust Level need to physically be at Idle Stop for the event to trigger?? I'm guessing the answer is yes... sigh. 

Brian Nellis

BTW - im loving the fs2crew products for both 74x and 737NGXu

Whilst I have your attention-

Is it possible to get the 737NGXu/NGX AU voice actors/files to do the 74x voices? I'm not a fan of the current 74x FO

Also, in a future 74x update, could FS2CREW consider making the 747-8i/F First Officer action the Electronic Check List (ECL)?

thank you

Brian Nellis

Hi Brian,

We can't action the ECL in the 747-8.  The SDK doesn't allow for it I'm afraid.

Hopefully if PMDG makes a FS2020 version of the 747 then can somehow add ECL control to the SDK.

Voice actor swap:  Easier said than done!

no problem.

So for the Starl Lever problem, does the FS2Crew logic require the Thrust Lever to be at the idle stop?

Brian Nellis

It doesn't need to be at idle stop.

I would triple check what you see in the "Green Bar" against the manual.

There is some complex phraseology used in Emergency, so double check the system "heard" the exact phrase it expected you to say.

If it worked once before, it'll work again.

Edited by byork

Just flew the Eng fire/sev dam/sep again, for 7th time total with FS2Crew

I haven't been able to get it

It is this phase in particular that is difficult to achieve. ALL other checklists work fine. By ALL, I mean all Normal Checklists and One Engine Inop Landing NNC.

Review this video for evidence of green bar text and comapre for matching to FS2CREW Manual. I am saying the right thing/s, the program isn't detecting my command. It would be great if someone could check to isolate the problem (is it just me?).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/814497473

33mins40sec - Engine Fail at VR

34mins27sec - 400ft RA... commencing actions

34mins46sec - attempt to call Memory Items, but not recongnised

35mins58sec - force Memory Items by verbalising "Thrust Lever #2"

36mins16sec - FS2Crew FO/PM "Engine start lever number 2" and I reply "confirm number 2", but he does nothing

Brian Nellis

Are you following Page 20 in the manual?  What you're saying in the video is not matching the exact phrases in the manual.

Don't use 3rd party cheat sheets, some of them contain errors.

You didn't say: "Engine" in the required phrase:

ENGINE FIRE OR ENGINE SEVERE DAMAGE OR SEPARATION MEMORY ITEMS

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngx_reboot

Edited by byork

Thank you for that. I really appreciate your responsiveness and assistance.

Re - calling the NNC Memory items, thank you.

Re - my initial 'fault', have you any suggestions there? I believe "confirm number X" is the required statement, but attracts no response. (36mins16secs)

And yes, im using your manual 🙂

Edited by Copper.

Brian Nellis

Yes. Both are annuciated on the green bar, and i tried multiple times, again, in a separate video.

Calling the NNC memory items worked this time around but still get stuck at that step.

Edited by Copper.

Brian Nellis